Need help in deciding AVR.

drmks82

I am planning to create a home theatre like set up in my living room. It is not going to be dedicated room. It will be an open room with a 70 inch TV and surround sound system. I have done hidden wiring for 5 surround speakers and 4 atmos speakers.
My plan is to have a 5.1.4 set up. should I go for a 9 channel AVR or will a 7 channel be sufficient?
I will go for compact models only for surrounds like klipsch reference or wharf dx2 or elac cinema or mission etc.
Any suggestions are welcome.

I am planning to create a home theatre like set up in my living room. It is not going to be dedicated room. It will be an open room with a 70 inch TV and surround sound system. I have done hidden wiring for 5 surround speakers and 4 atmos speakers.
My plan is to have a 5.1.4 set up. should I go for a 9 channel AVR or will a 7 channel be sufficient?
I will go for compact models only for surrounds like klipsch reference or wharf dx2 or elac cinema or mission etc.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Hi
If you have already done wiring for 9 speakers then it’s better to go for 9 channel avr.
What’s the room size
Your listening distance from screen
What dB do you listen?
It’s better to go for avr with preouts so that you can add poweramp later.
with warm Regards
Siva

The difference in terms of price won't be much in case of 7 channel or 9 channel AVR. Look at entry level AVRs with pre-outs Denon X3700H comes to mind, you can go anywhere from there. Pre-outs will give you option to add more power too.

All speakers are good and none is perfect :) So try and audition if you can. Look at Indiq Audio and Q acoustics too. Both are considered budget champions.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back