Need help in locating a suitable CD player

...About the Marantz CD67 from square_wave... don't think about it! :D No, no, I am only joking because I've had an eye on it myself for very long! :) Seriously, its worth its weight in gold and that is a steal of a price for it. The CD67SE, I believe, was the last of the Marantz players that could be modified to the degree that one has been -- moreover, being a musician himself, TS Lim's modifications appeal to the audiophile and music listener alike. I am sure this player sounds far better than any competition at several times its price. It is a very lucky man who buys it.

Well I'm that man!:D

Not exactly.:rolleyes: I did pick it up 2 days back from Vinny but for a close friend of mine. Must say, Vinny is indeed a very patient audiophile! I think I gave him a tough time with a lot of listening sessions and some completely ignorant questions; thanks to my friend (a nubee in HiFi) who came only 'once' to see his future cdp! Right now the player is enjoying itself at my home. Very nice player - warm sound at its best.

Btw, Vinny himself got a very impressive system. If only he gave some more space for it to breath, it would literally shine. And thanks to him, I'm getting educated on cables finally!

At the risk of a possible diversion to thanks giving; let me thank him once again for his hospitality.

Best Regards.

Vinny's system is good? His amp sucks big time:D:D no power no bas no musicality :D:D

Ok just kidding
yes his room doesnt do justice, but I havent heard it after he got his new amp

Cheers

Hey particleman the grass is always greener on the other side. Please go to bengaluru, u will come running back to aamchi mumbai in a few days!!! hahaha Only similarity is that bglore & bbay cricket teams are at the bottom o f the table in the IPL!!! But there too we are pulling away. HAHAHA

Last edited:
Vinny's system is good? His amp sucks big time:D no power no bas no musicality :D

Ok just kidding
yes his room doesnt do justice, but I havent heard it after he got his new amp

Cheers

Yeah...you guys are having too much fun at my expense ;)
I need to get myself a bigger room to do justice my setup...:) The new amp is anything what Odyssy mentioned......It is a musical monster.

Unleash. good to hear that you like the cd player. That was a steal.

Vinny, you should think about doing at least a mini review of it at some point, it will be the first on this forum
Cheers

Hi Guys,
It is the odyssey stratos power amplifier?(plus version)
Odyssey audio is a venture by Klaus Bunge in the US. The design for the amplifiers and speakers are from the ultra hi-end symphonic line of Germany. They have a strategic tie-up which enables Klaus to sell his hand built gear at reasonable prices. His after sale service is legendary.
Welcome to Odyssey Audio
Manufacturer, Hifi, High End, Duisburg, Germany
I will try and do a mini review soon:)

Yeah...you guys are having too much fun at my expense ;)
I need to get myself a bigger room to do justice my setup...:) The new amp is anything what Odyssy mentioned......It is a musical monster.

Unleash. good to hear that you like the cd player. That was a steal.

:Dyeah vinny. That indeed was a steal!

Dear Friends,

Just to let you guys know, what I did after losing the oppurtunity of getting that cdp from Vinny :(.

I auditioned few cdp in Delhi showooms, that I could afford, but none of those satisfied me, to some extend even CA 640C. Whatever I tend to like is beyond my budget, at least for now. So I have deferred the purchase of cdp, and will wait till I can budget more (or U_me's friend put {now} his Marantz cd 67 on sale ;)). For now I will upgrade my amp by using the money I spared.

Thanks for all your advice and guidance, and believe me I am not being humble when I say that you guys helped me a lot in understanding the basics (which is by no means near complete). I would be leaning on you for more advice in future. For the time being if you can see my queries in amp section!

Last edited:
what type of DVD player are u using to play CDs at present? If it is a ordinary one u should notice an improvement with a NAD 515 or CA 540 (im not sure how good the CA 340 is). Both of them should be about 15k i think. I dont think a player below that price will be worthwhile.

the current amp and speakers that u have are reasonably good - certainly better than the combo systems that most people have so u should notice a difference with the NAD or CA CDP.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back