Need help in selecting a fhd smart 3d led tvtv

grv_aw

hello guys

i am new to this forum and i would really appreciate your help in selecting a FHD smart, passive 3d LED TV(pref backlight LCD) for my living room which is 12x25 feet with an approx viewing distance of 8-10 feet.guys i am looking for a future proof TV as i wont be upgrading it for the next 8-10 years,which means plasmas are out of question although i love plasma for their PQ's and VFM proposition.

coming to the size, i am looking at a screen not less than 42 inches and can go upto 50 inches if possible.for me budget is a concern and 80-85k is the max i can spend.the selection is difficult and thus the need for help from my fellow members.

PS- i would like to stick to the big 4 viz sony,LG,Samsung,panasonic.

awaiting your response and suggestions if any

hello guys

i am new to this forum and i would really appreciate your help in selecting a FHD smart, passive 3d LED TV(pref backlight LCD) for my living room which is 12x25 feet with an approx viewing distance of 8-10 feet.guys i am looking for a future proof TV as i wont be upgrading it for the next 8-10 years,which means plasmas are out of question although i love plasma for their PQ's and VFM proposition.

coming to the size, i am looking at a screen not less than 42 inches and can go upto 50 inches if possible.for me budget is a concern and 80-85k is the max i can spend.the selection is difficult and thus the need for help from my fellow members.

PS- i would like to stick to the big 4 viz sony,LG,Samsung,panasonic.

awaiting your response and suggestions if any

close to 50 views and still no replies, comeon people help me out here...please

I have LGLA6910 3d tv 47' ...i am happy with it, it will come almost within your budjet and is smart tv with magic remote..take a demo and decide..

thanks for your valuable suggestion @NAGS but AFAIK 47LA6910 is retailing at 90k+ which is slightly out of my budget,although came across LA6200 and LA6620 with almost similar features,it is difficult to decide which one to go for,as i am not a very big fan of sports and the tv will be used primarily for watching daily tv serials etc by the family and for FHD/3d movies over the weekend and maybe for occasional gaming by me.still need your help guys!!

can't suggest/think of any perticular models as i got mine 2-3 years back a non-3d but fhd philips 42pfl6556 very underrated brand but its a good tv.

one thing i would really advise is that if you are planning a 3dtv then try going for something bigger than 42" once and for all

because size does matter in 3d. and since you also mentioned gaming it'll be a treat

and even if not 3d 55 - 60" would be great

appreciate your quick and sincere response falcon21, even i thought considering philips as my uncle has a 25 yr old philips CRT which still works just fine, but given the sudden disappearence of philips from the indian market and the rise of the big 4 viz LG,SAMSUNG,SONY,PANASONIC as the key players,apprehensions about philips ASS have gripped my mind.
insofar as your advice to go for >42inches is concerned i personally wanted to go in for the panny 50inch plasma but as stated above,thats out of the picture too for obvious reasons,but as per your suggestion i ll def try and stretch my budget and go in for a 47/50 inch FHD&3D LED.Not much choice in the 50 inch category,LG,sony,samsung do offer a few models at 47/48 inches but its all so confusing, guess ill start all over again..guys plz keep pouring in your suggestions.

Hi,
I would suggest a Sony 800 series 50 inch model as it is within your budget and is excellent in picture quality and features. It however comes with active 3d, if that isn't a deal breaker
regards,
Ranga

think so,it will come almost within your budjet and is smart tv with magic remote..take a demo and decide.thanks
9B7ES5

thanks for the advice @blasiteomba and @rangarao vk but AFAIK the sony KDL50w800B is retailing at 1L+ at present and is way out of my budget and i have come to realise that 50inch screen size with smart and 3d functionality is a bit too much too ask given my limited purse size.i therefore have decided, after going through a lot of reviews and articles on the forum and the internet that i should wait for the OLED technology to stabilise and then go in for a bigger and feature enabled TV at a later stage which i shall in any case be requiring after about 4-5 years.as of now i have instead decided to go in for a 50inch FHD LED but a non 3d and a not-so-smart model for my casual needs of the moment. have zeroed down on panasonic as it is the only company that i know of selling 50inch non 3d,non smart tvs in 2014 specifically the 50a410D.please guys do me a favour and help me find reviews, feedback as well as list ownership experiences for these this model or anyother brand of repute as well as panasonic ASS.i reside in lucknow,UP.please guys also suggest me whether i should buy it now or wait till diwali for the offers etc.expecting a timely response from you guys..thanks

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back