Need help in setting up the new home theater system

harrykum76

I am planning to set up a home theater system for my living room (11ft by 13ft). My budget for the same is roughly 50-55k (excluding TV and other acoustical changes to room). Currently I do not have HDMI supported DVD player, so definitly I would like to have a HDMI capable (Blu ray preferred) DVD player in the same setup. I am fine with either HT-In-A-Box or piece by piece HT setup (if in that budget). Looking from some reputed brands in AV systems like Yamaha, Onkyo, NEC, Denon for component HT (with suitable speaker systems) and LG/Sony/Panasonic/Philips for HT-In-Box. Usage will be 50% for watching movies (generally rented DVDs) and 50% for listening Hindi music (classical, instrumental, ghazals, filmi etc with very limited english country).

Just to give you some ideas, here are price ranges for various products you have mentioned.

HTIB - ~30K (No upscaling)
DVD Player with HDMI - 4.5K to 20K
Blu-Ray Player - 20K onwards
AVR - ~30K for a budgetary model mostly 5.1
- ~50K for a decent 7.1 model with upscaling and HD Audio support
5.1 Speaker set - ~30K for a budgetary set such as Energy
- ~55K for a decent set such as Qa 1010i.

That should give you a fair idea of what to plan for in stead of wasting your time looking at models that will not meet your budget.

Cheers

Considering some other personal factors, I am thinking to go for HTIB. So please suggest some good specific models in HTIB from various brands (Onkyo, Denon, Sony, LG, Samsung, Philips etc) in the price range of 50-60K (including HTS and DVD player, if required separately - with HDMI upscaling feature). As mentioned earlier, I listen to music more often (roughly around 50% times - mostly hindi - classical to filmi etc) , though not an audiophile, so please suggest some models that have good audio output. Also I need to keep in mind future upgradability to let's say 7.1 and various other formats, better speakers as component system etc. I am bit inclined to HTS6200 from Onkyo or LG HB954TB etc so please provide your feedback on same.

I have seen Philips Blu ray players at Reliance Digital model no. BDP 3000 selling around 16.5K, there was a LG blu ray player too but that was 2K more than philips also both players were BD profile 2.0.

Thanks for suggesting me blu ray player but my primary requirement is about HTIB. So please suggest some models of HTIB from various brands, as mentioned in my previous post.

Thanks for suggesting me blu ray player but my primary requirement is about HTIB. So please suggest some models of HTIB from various brands, as mentioned in my previous post.

In your budget best Htib would be Onkyo's 6200 which is avaliable around 40-45K and had the capability of decoding HD audio. This Htib doesn't include a Dvd player so in the remaning budget of your go for a BD player from Philips and complete your HT.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back