Need help on speaker wall mount

arnprasad

Hi,

I am planning to go from 5.1 to 7.1 and want to wall mount a pair of andrew jones speakers to my walls. Will the below mount work for those as they seem to say they work for satellite but not sure if the speakers qualify as satellite. Also any idea if we need to drill holes into the speaker ?

Speakers are :
https://slickdeals.net/f/11562843-f...ers-pair-58?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

wall mounts are:
https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Pr...1525694943&sr=1-9&keywords=speaker+wall+mount

I already have a pair of similar pioneer speakers...BS21 I guess. If I am paying 4,500 per pair...dont want to pay a lot for the mounts. If you can suggest a similar cheaper mounts in India/SP Road - happy to use that as well. But more importantly want an answer whether we need to drill a hole into the speakers. Thx for all your help!

I already have a pair of similar pioneer speakers...BS21 I guess. If I am paying 4,500 per pair...dont want to pay a lot for the mounts. If you can suggest a similar cheaper mounts in India/SP Road - happy to use that as well. But more importantly want an answer whether we need to drill a hole into the speakers.

I hope you will be using the Pioneer BS-22 as surr back in your 7.1 set-up.. Each speaker is abt 4.5 Kgs and a bit chunky.. Don't think these speakers have key hole mount.. Don't drill holes.. Instead consider getting a 14 inch portable TV stand x 2 pieces (Approx Rs 400 each) and place these speakers on the stand.. I was able to use the same stand for Klipsch RP 160M BS wall mounted..

Thanks..these are currently used as side speakers..except they are behind my ears on a table. What do I do if I want to add two more for 7.1? my room is not a dedicated room..its my hall and hence one side is used for walking and cannot have a stand. So was thinking of fixing it 6 feet above head on both sides of the wall.

Even the below says not good to mount them

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/1453042-sp-bs22-lr-mounting.html

Last edited:
Thanks..these are currently used as side speakers..except they are behind my ears on a table. What do I do if I want to add two more for 7.1? my room is not a dedicated room..its my hall and hence one side is used for walking and cannot have a stand. So was thinking of fixing it 6 feet above head on both sides of the wall.

Even the below says not good to mount them

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/1453042-sp-bs22-lr-mounting.html

If you use them as surr back, you would anyways set the speaker to "Small" & use a crossover of 80/100 Hz on the AVR.. It shouldn't be a problem..

I somewhere read an article on SVS, that rear ported speaker can be placed closed to wall (Very few inches away from wall)..

Have you already brought this speaker ?.. Please share some images of your room, would give fair idea to suggest alternatives (Brackets)..

Sure..will take a photo and share. But you obviously are way ahead of the curve - looking at frequencies and distance from the wall :) I just want some sound to come out of it. Although while setting up my 1020 I did choose these as small and my front towers as big. Yesterday I managed to have a pair for 62 dollars including taxes and shipping except frys.com had an issue with Indian credit cards. Will ask some friend to buy for me.

Sure..will take a photo and share. But you obviously are way ahead of the curve - looking at frequencies and distance from the wall :) I just want some sound to come out of it. Although while setting up my 1020 I did choose these as small and my front towers as big.

Ha ha.. My guess is that surround (back) will not receive much bass like the fronts do.. So in all probabilities, mounting a rear ported speaker closer to wall should be fine as we anyways use crossover in AVR..

Yesterday I managed to have a pair for 62 dollars including taxes and shipping except frys.com had an issue with Indian credit cards. Will ask some friend to buy for me.

If you haven't yet bough this item, then for lil more budget then you have now, you can get it from a different brand (if you like) here itself which have wall mount provisions.. Should solve your issues..

Sure. Will look at it. but because of my Dell to AVR issues - I urgently need to buy a 4K receiver for around 250 dollars ...then I will buy more speakers :)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back