Need help regarding MARANTZ 1504NR AVR

ajinkya.gohad

Hello folks, I've got a Marantz 1504NR AVR whose left and right channel outputs are malfunctioning. I'm currently in Pune and I'd bought it from a dealer in Mumbai. Can anybody suggest me where to get it repaired from in Pune?
Thanks.

What exactly do you mean by malfunctioning? The left right speaker output or the pre out?

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Hi ajinkya,

Have you tried other sources? Are the speaker wires connected properly? How old is the AVR?

The AVR is about 2.5 years old. Earlier it used to make a 'click' sound while the AVR is running and the sound would go off. But it would come back again after some time. Few days ago, the sound completely stopped coming from the left and right channels. The wires are connected properly. In fact, I disconnected and reconnected them again. Tried other sources too.

P.S. I have got the NR1604, not NR1504 as mentioned.

The AVR is about 2.5 years old. Earlier it used to make a 'click' sound while the AVR is running and the sound would go off. But it would come back again after some time. Few days ago, the sound completely stopped coming from the left and right channels. The wires are connected properly. In fact, I disconnected and reconnected them again. Tried other sources too.

P.S. I have got the NR1604, not NR1504 as mentioned.

You bought it with proper bill and warentee ?

Hi ajinkya,

since its more than 2 years old, there is no warranty but it can be fixed...

MUMBAI
Office No.2, Kamal Apartment
S.V. Road, Bandra West,
Mumbai- 400 050
Phone 1: +91 22 26437391
[email protected]..

Speak to MZ Audio and they will provide the Pune contact.....

Clicking noise would indicate the protection circuit getting activated etc....have you tried the AVR from a different electrical socket?...that could also be the reason....hope the speaker wires dont have leaks (cuts here and there)

Hi ajinkya,

since its more than 2 years old, there is no warranty but it can be fixed...

MUMBAI
Office No.2, Kamal Apartment
S.V. Road, Bandra West,
Mumbai- 400 050
Phone 1: +91 22 26437391
[email protected]..

Speak to MZ Audio and they will provide the Pune contact.....

Clicking noise would indicate the protection circuit getting activated etc....have you tried the AVR from a different electrical socket?...that could also be the reason....hope the speaker wires dont have leaks (cuts here and there)

Thanks for the contact. I checked the wires and the connections too. There's no issue with that.

Try Resetting the AVR by following the instructions on the manual. Also check if multi zone is activated maybe its not sending any signal to the mains(which i dont think so but do check). I have faced such an issue with my uncles marantz nr1504 and mz audio was quick to repair it within 2 hrs. They said some screw had become loose because of which it was going into standby, till date i have not faced any issue with the AVR after repair.

Back