Need Help Setting up 5.1 speakers

HE-MAN

first off all sorry if this is in the wrong section, mods feel free to move it.

I purchased F&D f3000u speakers simply because of the offer provided by snapdeal 3000rs didnt think it through and now iam stuck with it.

and this is my motherboard gigabyte z170x gaming 3

now my question is how to connect speakers to motherboard to get proper 5.1 speaker setup. i have lots of movies in 5.1 channel

Lifted from the web

This is how the audio out from your motherboard works

Pink: Microphone input
Blue: Line input
Green: Front speakers out
Black : Rear surround out
Orange: Center/Sub out

So you need to buy a 3.5mm stereo plug to RCA cable and connect to your amplifier accordingly

now my question is how to connect speakers to motherboard to get proper 5.1 speaker setup. i have lots of movies in 5.1 channel

Get a 3.5mm mono to RCA cable. A simple search on flipkart, amazon or in your local electronics market will get you the cable.

You could even buy the plugs and solder it yourself. BTW, didnt you get any cable along with the speaker set? Carry the cable to the market and get your own cable set made.

I guess you need something like this RCA Male to 3.5 MM Male Cable or even RCA Male to Open End Replacement Cable

Incase you really want to get serious with the setup, try getting this AC3 / DTS 5.1 Audio Gear Digital Sound Decoder (RCA Output)(Black) since there is an Optical Out available on your mother board. This would assure better sound quality going into your the F&D.

MaSh

Last edited:
thank you guys but i have already bought these cables. i need help connecting them to mobo i tried but sound is mixed up and not 5.1

Lifted from the web

This is how the audio out from your motherboard works

Pink: Microphone input
Blue: Line input
Green: Front speakers out
Black : Rear surround out
Orange: Center/Sub out

So you need to buy a 3.5mm stereo plug to RCA cable and connect to your amplifier accordingly

thank you guys but i have already bought these cables. i need help connecting them to mobo i tried but sound is mixed up and not 5.1

Use the same cables and connect from
Green to FR, FL.
Black to SR, SL.
Orange to SW, CE.

Optical input would be better... but the F&D does not have it from what I can see.

Not really an issue if the soundcard/DAC on your mobo/PC is a good one. Otherwise even an entry level sound card from the likes of Creative will be good. I've never used the sound card on the mobo, always better to get a dedicated sound card from Creative or Asus depending on your budget.

Use the same cables and connect from
Green to FR, FL.
Black to SR, SL.
Orange to SW, CE.

Optical input would be better... but the F&D does not have it from what I can see.

Not really an issue if the soundcard/DAC on your mobo/PC is a good one. Otherwise even an entry level sound card from the likes of Creative will be good. I've never used the sound card on the mobo, always better to get a dedicated sound card from Creative or Asus depending on your budget.

just tried that put the source on dvd then connected the wires like you said but now the problem is centre speaker is not working rest all are working. i am getting no dialouge in 5.1 movies. everything else is working fine

Get a 3.5mm mono to RCA cable. A simple search on flipkart, amazon or in your local electronics market will get you the cable.

You could even buy the plugs and solder it yourself. BTW, didnt you get any cable along with the speaker set? Carry the cable to the market and get your own cable set made.

I guess you need something like this RCA Male to 3.5 MM Male Cable or even RCA Male to Open End Replacement Cable

Incase you really want to get serious with the setup, try getting this AC3 / DTS 5.1 Audio Gear Digital Sound Decoder (RCA Output)(Black) since there is an Optical Out available on your mother board. This would assure better sound quality going into your the F&D.

MaSh

the audio gear is too expensive for me is there anything else in 2k range

just tried that put the source on dvd then connected the wires like you said but now the problem is centre speaker is not working rest all are working. i am getting no dialouge in 5.1 movies. everything else is working fine

Swap the wires around and see if it works.

Volume control on the PC to test the tone in each speaker. You may need to configure for 5.1.

Swap the wires around and see if it works.

Volume control on the PC to test the tone in each speaker. You may need to configure for 5.1.

been fidling for 2 hours now cannot get it to setup properly. i think now i might have to buy dac convertor thingy

the audio gear is too expensive for me is there anything else in 2k range

Hmm not sure if there is anything. The cheapest Stereo DAC also costs around 1000/- plus.

Could you please post snap shot of how the Speaker configuration section in Control Panel looks like? You should be getting options to select 2.1, 5.1, etc. What do the ports say?

How would you connect mono cables?
I think a set of stereo cables would be needed.
Amazon.in: 3.5mm to rca: Electronics

Some mother boards have dedicated port for each channel. Seeing the number of ports on this motherboard I am assuming its possible.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back