Need help/suggestion for HT wall painting color.

kams

Friends,

Greetings! to everybody.

I am posting here after long time. But I never lost my touch with HifiVision. I have been going through this forum whenever I get time in between my work.

Ok..let me come to the topic... Soon I am moving into my new apartment.I am going to setup my HT in living room(size:12w*16L).I need your inputs/suggestion for wall painting color and floor tiles color for this HT/living room.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Kams

I need your inputs/suggestion for wall painting color and floor tiles color for this HT/living room.

If I say you should have green coloured walls and pink coloured floor tiles, will you like it? What if I say everything should be black? Or red, or rust?

This is a very personal issue and has to match the rest of the decor across the house. The people you should ask are your wife, and your interior decorator. Certainly not here at HFV.

Cheers

Check out this link.

Blu-ray and Home Theater Community

Warning: You may be tempted to go overboard and overbudget. :)

There are some decent to amazing setups and color combinations. Use some of them as templates or ideas to start with. Surely, ask your family members if they agree. More importantly, be realistic.

Yeh +1 to this dude. As ur setup is in living room, ur priority should be as per living room and what goes with overall decor. More, Decor taste being a subjective issue, U need to go with ur OR ur family's liking.

If I say you should have green coloured walls and pink coloured floor tiles, will you like it? What if I say everything should be black? Or red, or rust?

This is a very personal issue and has to match the rest of the decor across the house. The people you should ask are your wife, and your interior decorator. Certainly not here at HFV.

Cheers

Last edited:
Friends ,

Thx for all your replies. I know coloring is very personal taste. But Sometimes back I have read about the coloring of HT walls. In that they mentioned like the wall in which TV is mouting should be in dark color for eye sight relief or something else..Thats why I am asking this questions....Is there any rule like that?.Anybody have done this to their HT room walls?...

Thanks again..

Hi,
Since you said you are going to place your HT in your living room, you can have your color selections based upon you families interest. Normally dark colors are preferred for the walls so that you can get a theatrical experience when you watch movies, but again this is when you have a separate room setup for your HT. If it is a separate HT setup room you can have dark colored walls, thick dark colored curtain (If you have any windows in the room) and also carpets in the floor or if your budget is higher then wooded flooring.

Dark color will be the choice as its HT room & it will reflect the light much less than brighter colors.

Hi!
Your HT room should be appealing to look at when you enter it.When you are watching a movie,in any case you would not be seeing the room,but the movie.So suit your taste and make it look good.
-All the best.

Friends ,

Thx for all your replies. I know coloring is very personal taste. But Sometimes back I have read about the coloring of HT walls. In that they mentioned like the wall in which TV is mouting should be in dark color for eye sight relief or something else..Thats why I am asking this questions....Is there any rule like that?.Anybody have done this to their HT room walls?...

Thanks again..

Dark walls are best.

Black absorbs too much light.

Choose a dark grey, dark blue, dark brown etc.

Avoid any textured wall coverings or gloss finishes.

Color

I think until 4 years ago blue fabric walls was a universal color in many of the multiplexes. It is always better not to have floor tiles but if you are doing a basic 5.1, with no acoustics etc then you can compromise on many things. :)

In my case my fabric wall is in red color which i approved after several dry runs with different type and colors of fabric.

V.

I am going to setup my HT in living room(size:12w*16L).I need your inputs/suggestion for wall painting color and floor tiles color for this HT/living room.
Kams

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back