Need Help to Finalize HT System

sunit5

Hi,

Looking for a decent Home Theatre system, following are the details:-

L shaped living room (drawing + dining) total 384 SQ ft (21.5 x 17.9), 50" LG 50PB 6600 Plasma in sitting area.

1. What is your max budget? - 25K to 50K
2. Which DTH do you have? - Tata SKY HD Plus
3. Do you have a PC / Laptop with HDMI out? If yes what is the config? - PC/Ipad, but don't connect to TV, use USB drive to play movies/pics etc
4. What is the exact model of your TV? LG 50PB6600
5. What is the majority of sources you want to play among VCD, DVD / Blu Ray , USB downloaded content? - USB drive, have DVD player (old one) and don't use it.

Devices to be connected

1) TV for display from DVD Player, PS2, STB
2) HT system for sound from above sources

Uses :
Me - 80% TV/Movies, 20% Music
Wife - 70% FM & Music, 30% TV

Please suggest. Good choices...

25 - 50K, very tough for seperates..Brand new AVR will cost you roughly 35K, you are left with less budget for speakers...

You can consider Onkyo 5.1/7/.1 HTIB models, later you can upgrade speakers....

25 - 50K, very tough for seperates..Brand new AVR will cost you roughly 35K, you are left with less budget for speakers...

You can consider Onkyo 5.1/7/.1 HTIB models, later you can upgrade speakers....

Thanks ! which model of Onkyo AVR ?

And how much I need to expand my budget to get decent set of speakers and which brand.

Thanks ! which model of Onkyo AVR ?

And how much I need to expand my budget to get decent set of speakers and which brand.

Check this link.. Onkyo India try to get in touch with Onkyo India & get to know the price...

if seperates, you can consider satellite speakers along with any entry level AVR from any brand... Pioneer is reasonably priced

Last Week i got in touch with onkyo. They quoted 60k as mrp for ht-s5700. In my opinion this is a very value for money product. The speakers are not as small as satellites and not as big as bookshelfs too. If you consider a 10%discount which most retailers would give. It would come to 54k and so looks like if you do not need to go all around searching for separates, then this would be pretty good enough. Take an audition and see if you are satisfied with it. Audition is a must. To me spec wise it looks decent enough.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back