Need help to fix the catridge...

sureshkn

Hi Friends,
I have a Pioneer PL 340 direct drive turntable and a Audio Technica AT-LP60. I have replacement cartridge for both. AT95E for Pioneer and ATN3600L replacement stylus for AT-LP60.

Earlier I tried to replace the stylus for AT-LP60 and accidentally broke the new stylus. So I am afraid to do it myself this time.

I am based in Bangalore. Can any one help me to fit both AT95E for Pioneer and ATN3600L replacement stylus for AT-LP60 ?

Best Regards,
Suresh.

Hi Tanoj,
I fixed the stylus for AT-LP60 by myself. For fixing AT95E on the Pioneer I got help from Mr.Kuruvila.

Regards,
Suresh.

Last weekend I visited Mr.Kuruvila's house at Kottayam Kerala. And he kindly helped me to fix the cartridge, set the tracking force and aligned the cartridge. Besides that it was a wonderful experience in listening to his vinyl setup. He was patient to explain my novice questions. :)

I listened to many of his TTs like Garrard 301, Thorens, and Lenco. Quad valve amp, Sansui, and Sony integrated amps. Yamaha, Sansui, KLH speakers etc., It was all new to me. And he also demonstrated his vacuum cleaning method.

Some photos of him aligning the cartridge & demonstrating the record cleaning method.

Many thanks to him for his hospitality, help, time and patience. :signthankspin:

Photo-0160_zpseqxrrno0.jpg

Photo-0163_zps8u3qzn5u.jpg

That turntable is located in the loo?

No problem of bottom end extension for that sound, surely.:)

Yes. The overall quality before cleaning and after the cleaning was demonstrated to Suresh. There is a remarkable difference both at the bottom extension as well as at the top . Those who have the time and patience should adopt my cleaning system for some awesome results .

Switching headshells, Calibrating tonearms, Fixing a cart, replacing the stylus, lubing your TT, cleaning your records, storing and maintaining records, etc are the elementary aspects of the world of vinyl. No formal education whatsoever is required for these. As a vinyl junkie, you must master these arts to (firstly) survive and (secondly) enjoy your music on vinyl. Once you've done this, the next stage would be able to master the art of tweaking the hardware itself, phono amplification tweaks and equalization tweaks. When you reach this stage, you can consider yourself an expert.

And yes, a few breaks and disasters are a must, on the way. These make you more vinyl and turntable literate.

Consult, try, learn and master.....but never forget to enjoy the music on the way!!

Switching headshells, Calibrating tonearms, Fixing a cart, replacing the stylus, lubing your TT, cleaning your records, storing and maintaining records, etc are the elementary aspects of the world of vinyl. No formal education whatsoever is required for these. As a vinyl junkie, you must master these arts to (firstly) survive and (secondly) enjoy your music on vinyl. Once you've done this, the next stage would be able to master the art of tweaking the hardware itself, phono amplification tweaks and equalization tweaks. When you reach this stage, you can consider yourself an expert.

And yes, a few breaks and disasters are a must, on the way. These make you more vinyl and turntable literate.

Consult, try, learn and master.....but never forget to enjoy the music on the way!!
+1 what he says :thumbsup:

Regards
Sachin

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back