Need help to repair A&K 70 portable audio player that drowned in water

Analogous

My AK70 got submerged in water. (Long story, so not narrating here)
It was switched off when it happened.
I dried it out in a box of raw rice (dessicant) for 24 hours, but it does not work anymore.
Any suggestions on experts who can take a look at it, open it up and diagnose the problem? Repair it?

I would suggest as a first step - leave it to dry for a week or so; in the rice box or outside at room temp.

There is an FM in here who mods iPODs, he might be able to atleast guide you in the right direction. Last resort might be to contact A&K if they have a service centre in India?

Sorry, for not so helpful suggestions, hope you get it working again, best of luck.

My AK70 got submerged in water. (Long story, so not narrating here)
It was switched off when it happened.
I dried it out in a box of raw rice (dessicant) for 24 hours, but it does not work anymore.
Any suggestions on experts who can take a look at it, open it up and diagnose the problem? Repair it?
24 hours is not enough. Water would still be there inside. Best is to open it and leave it to dry. You have to remove just 2 screws and pull the back upwards. See this video

24 hours is not enough. Water would still be there inside. Best is to open it and leave it to dry. You have to remove just 2 screws and pull the back upwards. See this video
Thank you!!! I will open it and try drying it out for longer..
Hopefully this will work

Still trying to find a tiny screwdriver that fits to open it and subject it to culinary and inorganic delights.
Hoping it will work !!!!

I never questioned the raw rice dessicant theory till I read your post @keith_correa
I read up a bit and found this: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27869510/
That study is just a limited comparison between commercially available dessicants and rice. Though raw rice is also effective, there are commonly available alternatives that are much more effective than rice and "rava" is one of those alternatives.

Get some high quality bentonite aka cat litter and put it in that. It's much more effective at removing moisture than rice.

After
Get some high quality bentonite aka cat litter and put it in that. It's much more effective at removing moisture than rice.
it has been several months since the unfortunate immersion. Rice, sunlight, hair dryer (last two for brief intervals but no cat litter. I even tried turning it on with the back plate opened up to help demoisturise. But no luck.

After

it has been several months since the unfortunate immersion. Rice, sunlight, hair dryer (last two for brief intervals but no cat litter. I even tried turning it on with the back plate opened up to help demoisturise. But no luck.
Silica pouches all round should do the job.However the duration may be longer in this case.Ive faced an issue where moisture had nearly ended an amps life span...silica pouches stuffed around the amp for a few days did it & now it's back in action.( immersion is a different ball game,yet no harm in trying).

Silica pouches all round should do the job.However the duration may be longer in this case.Ive faced an issue where moisture had nearly ended an amps life span...silica pouches stuffed around the amp for a few days did it & now it's back in action.( immersion is a different ball game,yet no harm in trying).
Thanks. I will give it another go with some hope

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back