Need help to restore 2 TTs

ukjeyaraj

Hi All,

I need help and advise to restore two TTs.

A. Philips 15AF-932

This is not mine and currently I dont have any pic of this, so adding stock photos from internet. Only idler wheel is required for this. Part number of idler wheel is "Intermediate Wheel - 311115801300"

0008421.jpeg

0008425.jpeg

-----------------------------------------

B. HMV Fiesta

Got it from one of the relatives. When plugged, powers up and rotates. Volume control and on-off switch works well. Cartridge(broken) is available but not wired. Needle though old, looks like it will sing. Idler wheel, is in very bad shape and needs replacement. Also platter mat is missing and requires to be added. Where can I get idler wheel, platter mat (is it DIY possible) and cartridge with needle for HMV Fiesta. It would be nice, if it is available somewhere in India.

dsc0003mhk.jpg

dsc0004if.jpg

dsc0005ong.jpg

dsc0006gb.jpg

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

I need help and advise to restore two TTs. ...

B. HMV Fiesta

Where can I get ...cartridge with needle for HMV Fiesta. It would be nice, if it is available somewhere in India.

Thanks in advance

Hi Jeyaraj,

Fellow member kartick can help you with an address in Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi. Please PM him for details.

All the best to you for your restoration project.

For idler wheel, ebay is your best friend. Or if you have a sample, there's a guy in Lamington Road who can fabricate new rubber (metal portion of idler should be intact).

Pandurang: I've referred 3 people (a friend, tek on the forum) and a dealer and all came away unhappy after dealing with him. Strangely, I had a happy dealing with him.

@jls001 - Is Mr. Pandurang, you have referred is in Lamington Road, Mumbai. How to confirm the idler wheel from ebay will suit our TT

@Malvai - Do you and jls001 talk about same person (Pandurang)?

@Miroflex - I will get in touch with Kartick. Thanks

Indeed we're talking about the same Pandu in Opera House (near Lamington Rd).

Search for idler wheel for your turntable model. Sizes and shapes are usually specific, and are known by parent device (in this case your TT model number). In case you are lucky to come across NOS part, the part number you mentioned may be relevant.

When I was searching the whole e-wide world (and brick and mortar establishments) for my Thorens' idler wheel, I did try Pandurarang but I guess these are not parts that need replacement often and so it is difficult to get it. Not trying to discourage you in any way - just letting you know the harship that possibly lies ahead:)

@entsurgeon -- I have seen this player at the seller's place in 2009. Its from the same seller I bought my Kendwood TT. I did not ask the price for this HMV.

1499-34%20TYPE%202.gif
Hi ,

i have used the same hmv player in my childhood.
have u got any solution of the problem please up date

you can try with ebay for the, coz i remember my dad replacing the wheel

Last edited:
Hi All,

I need help and advise to restore two TTs.

A. Philips 15AF-932

This is not mine and currently I dont have any pic of this, so adding stock photos from internet. Only idler wheel is required for this. Part number of idler wheel is "Intermediate Wheel - 311115801300"

0008421.jpeg

0008425.jpeg

-----------------------------------------

B. HMV Fiesta

Got it from one of the relatives. When plugged, powers up and rotates. Volume control and on-off switch works well. Cartridge(broken) is available but not wired. Needle though old, looks like it will sing. Idler wheel, is in very bad shape and needs replacement. Also platter mat is missing and requires to be added. Where can I get idler wheel, platter mat (is it DIY possible) and cartridge with needle for HMV Fiesta. It would be nice, if it is available somewhere in India.

dsc0003mhk.jpg

dsc0004if.jpg

dsc0005ong.jpg

dsc0006gb.jpg

Thanks in advance

Dear Jeyaraj,

Please help me providing the STYLUS/ NEEDLE number as shown in the PICTURE of HMV FIESTA model, and if u have known supplier please do let me know. I have an OLD HMV FIESTA same model as in PIC from my FATHER and i am emotionally attached to it.

please help

[email protected]

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back