Need Help - Which is better option?

varunsareen

I have an LG 32LV3730 LED smart tv (pic 1) and an unknown 4.1 channel speaker set (pic 2). I am a total noob at this and would like to know a) What is the name of the cable (pic3) that goes in the CD port L and R. It has 2 female like ports and one 3.5mm audio jack which i connect to the TV. I dont what it is called and the one i have is broken.

Also i would like to know b) if the above connection can provide me with better sound output or should i use the option of TV optical input > Converter adapter Buy Digital Optical Coax Coaxial Toslink to Analog RCA Audio Converter Adapter Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in > 2 RCA male cable > speaker 2 RCA female DVD/ AUX ports

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 37
  • pic 3.jpg
    pic 3.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 39
That cable is a 3.5mm mini stereo plug to RCA plugs. You seem to have broken off the pins on both of them. I see the pins in the CD input socket. You might have to open the amp and see if you can push the pins out. Otherwise use the AUX or DVD input. They would all be the same sensitivity I think. This cable isn't of any use between the TV and amp.
If that optical socket is really a digital audio output on the TV, it's of no use to your amp. Your source ( dvd or bluray) player would already have analog RCA outputs. There are no other analog audio outputs on your TV. Get a stereo RCA to RCA cable to connect the disc source to the amp. Connect only composite ( Yellow) or component video to the TV.

That cable is a 3.5mm mini stereo plug to RCA plugs. You seem to have broken off the pins on both of them. I see the pins in the CD input socket. You might have to open the amp and see if you can push the pins out. Otherwise use the AUX or DVD input. They would all be the same sensitivity I think. This cable isn't of any use between the TV and amp.
If that optical socket is really a digital audio output on the TV, it's of no use to your amp. Your source ( dvd or bluray) player would already have analog RCA outputs. There are no other analog audio outputs on your TV. Get a stereo RCA to RCA cable to connect the disc source to the amp. Connect only composite ( Yellow) or component video to the TV.

I didn't realize it was broken :). But thank you for noticing. I will have to figure out a way to take out the broken pins and purchase a 3.5mm mini stereo plug to RCA plugs cable. BTW those yellow inputs in pic 3 behind the speaker are for the 4 channel speaker.

That really is a digi audio output on the TV. And i dont have any players to connect. I only want to connect my TV (pic 1) to the amp/ speaker (pic 2).

So should i go with the first option or the second digi output option using a convertor for better sound performance.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back