Need help with a HT setup (Dali Oberon 5 + SVS PB2000 + Denon X-3600H)

pjbiju

I have been using a Denon N7 mini system for playing music in my living room for the past several years. We turn on music (now mostly from Spotify Premum/Amazon Prime) as soon as we get up and this goes on for most part of the day. We listen mostly to Hindi, English (no rock music, mostly pop), Malayalam, Tamil. I also listen to classical western concerts like Mozart etc. I have finalized the following. I plan to use the SVS subwoofer mostly for weekend movies. I am hoping the Dali without the subwoofer would be good enough for the music. Will have to check how well the PB 2000 is good for music. My primary listening area would be the living room with a size of 12'x16'. We also have an adjacent dining/kitchen area with a size of 8'x6' that is open to the living room adjacent to where the floorstanders would be. Wanted to get your opinion if the equipment chosen is a good choice for movies mostly and for weekend movies. Is the AVR good enough to drive these speakers and also good for both movies and music?
  1. Dali Oberon 5
  2. Dali Oberon Vokal
  3. Dali Alteco C-1
  4. SVS PB-2000
  5. SVS SoundPath subwoofer Isolation system
  6. Denon X-3600H

I have been using a Denon N7 mini system for playing music in my living room for the past several years. We turn on music (now mostly from Spotify Premum/Amazon Prime) as soon as we get up and this goes on for most part of the day. We listen mostly to Hindi, English (no rock music, mostly pop), Malayalam, Tamil. I also listen to classical western concerts like Mozart etc. I have finalized the following. I plan to use the SVS subwoofer mostly for weekend movies. I am hoping the Dali without the subwoofer would be good enough for the music. Will have to check how well the PB 2000 is good for music. My primary listening area would be the living room with a size of 12'x16'. We also have an adjacent dining/kitchen area with a size of 8'x6' that is open to the living room adjacent to where the floorstanders would be. Wanted to get your opinion if the equipment chosen is a good choice for movies mostly and for weekend movies. Is the AVR good enough to drive these speakers and also good for both movies and music?
  1. Dali Oberon 5
  2. Dali Oberon Vokal
  3. Dali Alteco C-1
  4. SVS PB-2000
  6. Denon X-3600H
3600 is a good avr and should do a decent job driving the speakers. If you feel it is not enough you can add a PA just for the LCR which takes most of the load.

Last edited:
  1. Dali Oberon 5
  2. Dali Oberon Vokal
  3. Dali Alteco C-1
  4. SVS PB-2000
  6. Denon X-3600H

For Music & movies how about considering the 15 inch Rythmik. It serves both well based on the reviews. But pls be aware its big & heavy. You can ask FM's here who own Rythmik or check at the Avenue sound website who are the dealers for Rythmik in Mumbai. .
SVS PB 2000 is more suitable for movies with its low end port tuning. Is is cheaper & less in specs than the above Rythmik which also has port tuning options.
The Dali Oberon 5 has got a 5 star review and has been compared to the Qaccoustics by What-hifi . The subwoofer soundpath isolation really works very well & can be attached to most of the subwoofers for tighter bass & to isolate the vibration of the woofer from the floor to prevent rattling & disturbing neighbours.
Your room size will also matter.

Last edited:
  1. Dali Oberon 5
  2. Dali Oberon Vokal
  3. Dali Alteco C-1
  4. SVS PB-2000
  6. Denon X-3600H
If movies and music is an option ,then better try Marantz AVR 6013 or similar. The rest should be fine.

I have changed the sub from PB-2000 to SB-3000. Hopefully this would be much better for music and still be good for movies. Will get the delivery in a week's time.

I have marantz 6011 fyne 501 and dual pb2000 combination, works as well as for movies and music.

I got all the equipment early this week. Have set it up as a 5.1.2 system.
speaker1.PNG
Please ignore the cables etc. they are temporary connections.

speaker2.PNG
My old Denon N7 speakers as the rear surround speakers. We now feel we should have got 65" TV instead of the 55" one.

I have changed the sub from PB-2000 to SB-3000. Hopefully this would be much better for music and still be good for movies. Will get the delivery in a week's time.

Great congrats. Pls do let us know your impressions of the entire setup & the SB 3000 in comparison with the PB 2000 with respect to music & movies.

Hi bro...nice setup.

If possible, do try to rotate your rear speakers slightly towards your listening position. Maybe at an 45 deg angle, or are they directly facing the listening position. Sorry, couldn't make out from your second pic.

Hi bro...nice setup.

If possible, do try to rotate your rear speakers slightly towards your listening position. Maybe at an 45 deg angle, or are they directly facing the listening position. Sorry, couldn't make out from your second pic.
Those are facing directly the listening position since we currently sit against the far wall (from the TV). I am trying to get a couple of recliners for comfortable viewing.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back