Need help with avr upgrade

bleakfuture

hi everyone
i wanted to know as to what new avr i should upgrade my home theater with
am currently using Harman Kardon 630 with B&W 600 series and a velodyne sub
honestly i have no complaints or issues with the sound quality as they really sound well ,however nowadays bluray players and gaming console infact even hd set top boxes are coming out with hdmi outputs and unfortunately my hk does'nt have any hdmi inputs so am considering for a change. So i would be glad if anyone could suggest a nice sounding avr with all the latest in technology which also includes the 3d feature nowadays ,so i do not have to think about changing a newly purchased avr just because i missed out on some feature.

If your preference is only for movies and gaming then you can go for onkyo 609 ,what is your budget?

You may consider Onkyo 1009
* Direct iPod/iPhone
* DTS Neo:X
* QDeo
...... etc
Yet to release in India. But if you like it, it is better to wait

You may also consider Denon 3312 or 4311

Go in for Denon AVR 1911, Good with music and movies, 4hdmi in(Xbox/BD/Setupbox. ? ), Video upscaling,Audessy equiliser,3D ready,Prologic II,DTS.

thanks
preference is for music and movies ....... and budget around 2000usd
$2000 is a lot of money - I am sure that for $700 you will get a very decent AVR that suits all your requirement including dual HDMI-out. You cannot go wrong with Denon, Onkyo, Marantz, etc. Just look at the features desired and you will be able to zero-in quickly.

actually i need power to drive the b&w's as they are power hungry ....and for every increase in wattage the price touches the roof .......... i just don't want to make any hasty decisions......... my harman kardon can generate a lot of power when in stereo mode ,but when i watch movies the dialogues at normal hearing level seem non existent.......however with other brands that i tried .....there were no such issues .......
so am planning to save and go for a power full receiver........

You may do a research on Bi-Amp option, which can give more power to the Front L/R speakers.

If you are going for a receiver with high power for all channels, you will be spending more and may not require high power on center and surround channels.

You can use a 7.1 AVR in a 5.1 mode with Bi-Amp connection to B&W
or
You can use a 9.1 AVR in a 7.1 mode with Bi-Amp connection to B&W.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back