Need Help with my new Denon AVR X510BT

ghelaniamit

Hi All,

i just bought a Denon AVRX510BT Amplifier with BA XS 5.1 speaker system.

After installing and configuring the system, i'm facing a few issues as listed below:

1. The sound output from speakers is very low and at lvl 55-60 the volume heard is almost like a whisper, at levels 75+ we can hear proper sound which does not make sense to me... (Plss correct me if i'm wrong)
2. Bluetooth connectivity is an issue and the FM does not catch any radio channels.
3. Different source give different sound levels... exampls: When i connect a USB the sound would work fine at 60+ lvl and at the same level whe i swtich over to a cable channel the sound becomes very low...

Can some1 please guide me how can i get it rectified?

Thanks...

Amit....

Hi All,

i just bought a Denon AVRX510BT Amplifier with BA XS 5.1 speaker system.

After installing and configuring the system, i'm facing a few issues as listed below:

1. The sound output from speakers is very low and at lvl 55-60 the volume heard is almost like a whisper, at levels 75+ we can hear proper sound which does not make sense to me... (Plss correct me if i'm wrong)
2. Bluetooth connectivity is an issue and the FM does not catch any radio channels.
3. Different source give different sound levels... exampls: When i connect a USB the sound would work fine at 60+ lvl and at the same level whe i swtich over to a cable channel the sound becomes very low...

Can some1 please guide me how can i get it rectified?

Thanks...

Amit....
1. Hope you have set the channel levels on the avr appropriately. To help you with that i would recommend downloading sound meter on your phone if you can and keep the phone at your listening position and keeping the volume constant i.e so the soundmeter shows sonething like 75db or so. And then adjust each speaker to 75db one by one. The subwoofer level may not be detected with the mic as the lfe is too low and so it must be adjusted according to your preferance by keeping it @0db and controlling subwoofer volume from the subwoofers amp itself behind the sub
Once you are done with this go to speaker config. And set all speakers to small and subwoofer to yes.
Next measure the distances of your speakers from your listening position and feed the result into avr.
Then crossovers for all speakers to be set at 150hz
In Bass select the LPF for LFE to 200Hz
And SW mode to LFE+Main
2. No idea about bluetooth connectivity. FM reception may be a problem indoors and you need to have something like an outdoor running cable forbbetter fm reception
3. See actually the level difference you see is obvious because the sources are different. How is your set top box connected to avr?

:clapping:Anyway congrats on the purchase

Congratulations Amit.
How much did u pay for the HT and from where in Mumbai. Does it support Dolby tru HD Dts master audio.
I have auditioned Denon 500 + polk audio rm 6750. Sounds good. Profx worli Atria mall. Speakers cost 35k. He may give 15 pc discount.

Last edited:
Bluetooth connectivity is not very reliable on the Denon AVRs, I am facing frequent disconnections with my x1100w too.

BA XS are rated 85db for sensitivity so you would need to crank up the volume a little bit to get loud audio.

Please make sure you set all speakers to small and crossover to 120+ as per your taste.
Dynamic compression to off.

BTW what content are you playing which testing the output?

This setup is quite popular at the moment, you should be able to get good output with little tweaking.

There is nothing wrong with your setup i myself "use"[LOL] denon x500+BA xs 5.1 u just need to increase the volume and set x-over to 120 or 150 as nikhistomer said.

BTW i wish longlife to your speakers :D, coz mine has been troubling me since day 1.

1. Hope you have set the channel levels on the avr appropriately. To help you with that i would recommend downloading sound meter on your phone if you can and keep the phone at your listening position and keeping the volume constant i.e so the soundmeter shows sonething like 75db or so. And then adjust each speaker to 75db one by one. The subwoofer level may not be detected with the mic as the lfe is too low and so it must be adjusted according to your preferance by keeping it @0db and controlling subwoofer volume from the subwoofers amp itself behind the sub
Once you are done with this go to speaker config. And set all speakers to small and subwoofer to yes.
Next measure the distances of your speakers from your listening position and feed the result into avr.
And SW mode to LFE+Main
2. No idea about bluetooth connectivity. FM reception may be a problem indoors and you need to have something like an outdoor running cable forbbetter fm reception
3. See actually the level difference you see is obvious because the sources are different. How is your set top box connected to avr?

Thanks for the advice.... i'll try it out and revert back with the updated results of the performance over the weekend....

my set top box is directly connected to TV and not via AVR.... do you think that can be an issue?

Congratulations Amit.
How much did u pay for the HT and from where in Mumbai. Does it support Dolby tru HD Dts master audio.
I have auditioned Denon 500 + polk audio rm 6750. Sounds good. Profx worli Atria mall. Speakers cost 35k. He may give 15 pc discount.

Thanks... i paid around 50k including setup.... Denon AVRX510BT for 29k and BA XS 5.1 for 19K plus the HDMI cables and installation n stuff... got it from Lamington road... so got a good deal....

And SW mode to LFE+Main

Thanks for the tips.... ll try them out over this weekend and update you with the result.

Btw my Set top box is connected to TV and not to the AVR so do you think that this can be an issue?

Bluetooth connectivity is not very reliable on the Denon AVRs, I am facing frequent disconnections with my x1100w too.

BA XS are rated 85db for sensitivity so you would need to crank up the volume a little bit to get loud audio.

Please make sure you set all speakers to small and crossover to 120+ as per your taste.
Dynamic compression to off.

BTW what content are you playing which testing the output?

This setup is quite popular at the moment, you should be able to get good output with little tweaking.

I have testing on the regular TV stuff and couple of music files from USB....

Thanks for the inputs, i'll test out your suggestions over the weekend and provide the feedback.

Thanks.

Normally receivers give full clean output only via built in decoders with direct input like USB! U won't get same output by connecting ur cellphone / laptop etc. Even while connecting laptop by HDMI u Will notice difference. All this is because pre out voltage difference by cellphones, laptops etc. Don't worry about it go on full throttle till ur OK with it. Don't go ahead distortion limits. Now about Bluetooth try resetting complete unit. I came across this thread while searching reviews for unit as I am upgrading from my Sony HT M5 5.2ch component home theater system but looking at the reviews I think it's better to stick with it as my system is super clean super loud all the time just the thing I hate is the amp gets warm when I bang it hard! I will add one blue ray player for wifi Bluetooth connectivity.

@ghelaniamit

Congrats on your purchase.
On paper the AVR and Speakers seem to be a good match.
AVR claims 75Wpc at 8 Ohm and 20-20K, 2Ch driven
Speakers can handle up to 100W with 85dB sensitivity (low but not very low)

You will need to tweak input source level, channel level, tone controls and LFE crossover. Auto calibration is a step forward. I personally prefer to manually calibrate. There is enough info in the manual on how to do it.

Do you experiments with L/R channels only at first; use a good quality music file FLAC or 320kbps MP3. Try to play this via USB/HDMI and any other source you may have. Once it starts sounding correct as per your ears move on to the rest of the channels.

Other things to check is polarity of speaker wire connections.

Cheers,
Raghu

@ghelaniamit

I too have the Denon AVR-X510BT with Polk TSx330T front towers and I also have to keep the volume between 45-65 for movies and 35-50 for music to get enough sound for 14x17 room. The TSx330T have a sensitivity of 90dB.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back