Need info regarding Sony 32" CX420

keerthi_13

Hi..
I am planning to buy Sony 32" CX420 LCD..Need some info reg this...

Will it be able to play .mkv and .avi format?
Will it read from external hard drive (FAT 32) ?

Thank you,
Keerthi

Re: Need info regarding Sony 32" CX520

I want to purchase one 32" Sony LCD. Now i am in confusion, which one is to be purchased. Picture quality of EX500 is found to be good. What is the price oF SONY 32 LCD CX 520. Is it Motion Flow. What are additional features of CX520 as compared to EX500. Please suggest which one is good.

Hi..

Thank you,
Keerthi

Bravia KLV 32CX420 is a full HD lcdtv with Dolby Digital sound.
Besides this its nothing different as compared earlier Models.
It wont play .mkv.:sad:

Hi..

Thank you,
Keerthi

I dont know about mkv but it plays avi for sure. also it will read your external hard drive. this is a very new model by sony. clarity is very good. was planning to go for it. sony is selling it for Rs 35000 with free airtel hd setop box will 15th april. but then i decided to buy the 40bx400 from alpha (Mumbai). for Rs 36000

purchased a 32" CX 420 @34k........plays almost everything i tried till now including .mkv videos(though some other.mkv videos r not displayed properly& pic breaks up,though they continue to play)......it also supports external HDD(ntfs,..playing single hd video files over 8-9 gb) as well as reads any usb pen drive!....my major gripe is that the tv does NOT display any subtitles in any format(been using various subtitles formats with various video formats with proper naming norms,so there surely no problem at my end)...hope sony does something to read subtitles in the future f/w upgrade!!!
============================
usb playback page on the Manual of 32CX420:-

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

.....hope the information is not too late & will b useful for ppls in confusion! :)

Last edited:
I dont know about mkv but it plays avi for sure. also it will read your external hard drive. this is a very new model by sony. clarity is very good. was planning to go for it. sony is selling it for Rs 35000 with free airtel hd setop box will 15th april. but then i decided to buy the 40bx400 from alpha (Mumbai). for Rs 36000

but how did you manage to get it on such a huge discount?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back