need iPod firmware backup

spirovious

Hi,

I have nano 8gb china version.

My firmware got currupted while upgrating.I dont have backup.

Do you have such backup?

My friend has same nano but doesnt know how to back it up.
Pls. tell me procedure.

Can you give me make or model number of your Ipod. Is It Apple Ipod nano or Some chinese Ipod, Anyway gimme some details let me try to help you.

Thanks

You mean it is not made by Apple? Wow! I dd not know you could do that to an iPod.

But if it is iPOD compatible, iTunes should work. No harm in trying.

Maybe Only_me can help you.

Cheers

Ye,

It looks same as 8 gb ipod nano,same written on it as original.
Friend got it from Bankok.

You mean it is not made by Apple? Wow! I dd not know you could do that to an iPod.

But if it is iPOD compatible, iTunes should work. No harm in trying.

Maybe Only_me can help you.

Cheers

There is no model no.Its china product ,mp3/mp4 player ipod written on back,
8gb.I tried firmware from net but no display,player runs.

My friend has the same,How can I copy his firmware?

Can you give me make or model number of your Ipod. Is It Apple Ipod nano or Some chinese Ipod, Anyway gimme some details let me try to help you.

Thanks

Last edited:
Spiro,
there are two possibilities:

Poss 1: it looks like a nano, but is not a Nano inside i.e. only the casing is similar. in this case, you are probably out of luck unless you are able to find out the manufacturer and that mfr has posted a firmware on the web. a Nano original firmware may not help.
Poss 2: it looks like a nano and is also a nano on the inside. In which case, itunes should be able to reinstall following the guide that venkat posted.

in any case, do check out Rockbox - Open Source Jukebox Firmware too which is an alternative for the original Apple firmware. maybe it might work on your player.

hope this helps.

Hi,

It has Anyka1025 chip with Hynex memmory.
Can I copy same firmware from friends ipod of same model?

Spiro,[IMG2][/IMG2]
there are two possibilities:

Poss 1: it looks like a nano, but is not a Nano inside i.e. only the casing is similar. in this case, you are probably out of luck unless you are able to find out the manufacturer and that mfr has posted a firmware on the web. a Nano original firmware may not help.
Poss 2: it looks like a nano and is also a nano on the inside. In which case, itunes should be able to reinstall following the guide that venkat posted.

in any case, do check out Rockbox - Open Source Jukebox Firmware too which is an alternative for the original Apple firmware. maybe it might work on your player.

hope this helps.

Yes, If your friend has the same model You can copy the firmware file and paste it in the base path(directly in the root directory) and try updating it, It should work.

Ya surely,

But additional problem is that my memmory reduced to 2 gb from 8gb.
Is it bcos of firmware?
Second partition (firmware one) is not visible.

Yes, If your friend has the same model You can copy the firmware file and paste it in the base path(directly in the root directory) and try updating it, It should work.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back