Need Opinion on JVC 29" CRT

metalbandit

Hi All,

Planning to buy a 29" CRT, I started exploring showrooms in Mumbai. Checked out Sansui, Panasonic, Samsung models. Then I had a look at a JVC 29 inch model. Picture Quality was better than all the previous models I had auditioned, so was the Sound Quality.

The price for Model AV29SX17 was quoted between 13.5 & 14K. The only thing stopping me is that JVC is not yet an established brand in India at least in the retail market, in the Grey Market JVC Camcorders have been available since a long time.

The dealer told me that Onida is the Authorised Service Agent for JVC in India. I am apprehensive on this aspect also.

Awaiting your opinions on this. If anyone has bought a JVC TV in recent times, please post your feedback.

Thanks.

Not in recent times, but dad got a JVC VCR and a CDP from abroad when I was a kid and they both served me very well for more than a decade. I don't believe you should have any problems with it.

Hi All,

Planning to buy a 29" CRT, I started exploring showrooms in Mumbai. Checked out Sansui, Panasonic, Samsung models. Then I had a look at a JVC 29 inch model. Picture Quality was better than all the previous models I had auditioned, so was the Sound Quality.

The price for Model AV29SX17 was quoted between 13.5 & 14K. The only thing stopping me is that JVC is not yet an established brand in India at least in the retail market, in the Grey Market JVC Camcorders have been available since a long time.

The dealer told me that Onida is the Authorised Service Agent for JVC in India. I am apprehensive on this aspect also.

Awaiting your opinions on this. If anyone has bought a JVC TV in recent times, please post your feedback.

Thanks.
Onida was the Service Technical parteners for JVC in 80's and 90's .Now not sure about it.

Last edited:
Onida was the Service Technical parteners for JVC in 80's and 90's .Now not sure about it.

I think JVC has entered the Indian market as a standalone player and outsourced the Service aspect to Onida since Onida had a tie up with JVC earlier.

It seems like you're correct. At least they have a India website at Welcome to JVC India

I had also been to this site after visiting the dealers (mentioned in another post - Best 29" CRT). The models I saw in the market are not listed here, although the features seem similar. I guess the ones available here are imported either from Malaysia or Taiwan.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back