Sandipbarik

My setup : 5.1.2 ( Room Size : 12x13x10 ) Front speakers at 8ft from MLP

AVR: Denon X3700h
L/R : Polk Audio Reserve 200
Center : Polk Audio Reserve 400
Surrounds : Def Tech SR9040
Atmos: In ceiling Polk v60
Sub: PB 1000 pro
Most of my system has arrived only the Reserve 200 will get delivered in a couple of days.

Some reviews and experts are suggesting that the Denon X3700h amps are not powerful enough to drive the Polks 200 +400 with full dynamics and that a separate power amp should be added for the front stage. How far is this statement really true ?? And if it is then which 3 channel Amp should I add that will have enough juice to drive the front LCR so that they can show their true potential ??

Thanks for any suggestions, I'm starting my HT journey and any suggestions will increase my knowledge in the right direction.

In my view, for your room, a power amp is not required. I suggest that you set up the AVR and speakers and running Audyssey. If you are not satisfied with the output, only then think of adding a power amp to the setup.

Also, your speakers will be crossed over to the sub at around 80 Hz or so. All the power lifting of lower frequencies will be handled by the subwoofer.

Most of my system has arrived only the Reserve 200 will get delivered in a couple of days.

Some reviews and experts are suggesting that the Denon X3700h amps are not powerful enough to drive the Polks 200 +400 with full dynamics and that a separate power amp should be added for the front stage. How far is this statement really true ?? And if it is then which 3 channel Amp should I add that will have enough juice to drive the front LCR so that they can show their true potential ??

Thanks for any suggestions, I'm starting my HT journey and any suggestions will increase my knowledge in the right direction.
Agree with ssf above. 3700 should be good enough. There is also an Audyssey app on android/ ios. It costs around INR 1,800. I use it in addition to the inbuilt Audyssey. It allows you to adjust the speaker curve individually. Once you try then decide on power amp or you may not notice any difference.

In my view, for your room, a power amp is not required. I suggest that you set up the AVR and speakers and running Audyssey. If you are not satisfied with the output, only then think of adding a power amp to the setup.

Also, your speakers will be crossed over to the sub at around 80 Hz or so. All the power lifting of lower frequencies will be handled by the subwoofer.
Thank you for clearing some of my doubts...yes will crossover 80 hz for the fronts and 100 hz for the surrounds and ceiling.
Agree with ssf above. 3700 should be good enough. There is also an Audyssey app on android/ ios. It costs around INR 1,800. I use it in addition to the inbuilt Audyssey. It allows you to adjust the speaker curve individually. Once you try then decide on power amp or you may not notice any difference.
I have already purchased the Audyssey MultEQ Editor app, will calibrate once everything is in place.

Also how will I know if I'm getting the full dynamics of the Front stage speakers ? Is there any way to detect that ? since I will be setting it up for the first time, I have no way of A/B testing

Thank you for clearing some of my doubts...yes will crossover 80 hz for the fronts and 100 hz for the surrounds and ceiling.

I have already purchased the Audyssey MultEQ Editor app, will calibrate once everything is in place.

Also how will I know if I'm getting the full dynamics of the Front stage speakers ? Is there any way to detect that ? since I will be setting it up for the first time, I have no way of A/B testing
Poweramp makes a huge difference in dynamics and clarity irrespective of the room size.

go for professional amps like crown qsc
trust me you wont be disappointed

In that size of room, the Denon can kill you if you are not careful with the volume knob :D

If you see spl data..
It is represented in multiple types.
We only focus on the dBA( slow ) - [this is the average of spl done over a few milliseconds.]
But if you see the real time spl without averaging done then you notice that the peaks can be around 15dB louder than the dBA ( slow ) measurement.
To reproduce this faithfully is challenging.
And here comes the major difference between an AVR and a power amp.
Hope this helps.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back