Need recommendation for Yamaha AVR

guys one more question..i was checking out the specs of yamaha htib yht299... the specs of yamaha rx-373 or rx375 looks almost same with the htib's reciever... can some one tell me any specific difference between these systems...
i have a pair of wharfe 9.5 floor standers ..looking to build a HT around these as mentioned earlier...
i have two options :
1. Yamaha YHT299 HTiB -- 36.7 k
2. Yamaha rx 375 --26.2 K + Yamaha NSP40 center +surround --12.3 k = 38.5 k

pro's of option 1.: extra sub woofer and front speakers and i would as well save 2 k

con's : you guys should tell me..

IMHO, never go for small satellite spks, if u hv space to accomodate FS (specially for music listening). Good FS & an active SUB will be a great setup.
.... 373 has no USB, lesser ports, & is obsolet, i think
regards
-Aditya

Hello experts,

Can you please recommend any yamaha AVR in the price range of around 30K (bit flexible on the price) and available in india. I saw 73 series and 75 series but many options there and reviews differ. I would want recent models as technolgy keeps upgrading all the time and I expect my new AVR to keep up with it for near future at least. I also see Sony STR - DN 1030/1040 getting good reviews though dont know how they compete against Yamaha.

Any BS speakers recommendations to go with the respective AVR? I am more of music fan than moview watcher, so is subwoofer really needed?

Thanks.

Dear friend

I purchased Yamaha AVR RX-V473 in the month of June 2013. The speaker are: NS-8390(THREE WAY BASS REFLEX , (TOWERS )MAIN SPEAKERS); NS-P60(CENTRE & SURROUND SPEAKERS) and YST-SW215 (SUBWOOFER).
Asus O Player Mini Plus is complementing the system.

The system is well covering my living room of 13 X 18 feet. So far no issues.

The AVR RX-V473 is a Network amplifier. This means you can play internet content via wifi, content from DLNA enabled devices without connecting them through cables. But for these features, there is literally no difference between 473 and 373. There is considerable price difference. Both give same sound quality.
Yamaha RX-V573 has same feature as RX-V473 except it can be used in two rooms with extra speakers and obviously costs a little more. The prices of these three AVRs are Rs.27,000/-, Rs.35,000/- and Rs 44,000/- respectively.

I hope this will be of some help to you in making a decision.

Last edited:
@sarangd22 - did you get the AVR?
@pmvali - appreciate your comments. The OP's thread/comment is a year old now!
Let's wait and see had he got any AVR still?

Hello experts,

Can you please recommend any yamaha AVR in the price range of around 30K (bit flexible on the price) and available in india. I saw 73 series and 75 series but many options there and reviews differ. I would want recent models as technolgy keeps upgrading all the time and I expect my new AVR to keep up with it for near future at least. I also see Sony STR - DN 1030/1040 getting good reviews though dont know how they compete against Yamaha.

Any BS speakers recommendations to go with the respective AVR? I am more of music fan than moview watcher, so is subwoofer really needed?

Thanks.

Dear friend

I purchased Yamaha AVR RX-V473 in the month of June 2013. The speaker are: NS-8390(MAIN SPEAKERS; NS-P60(CENTRE & SURROUND SPEAKERS) and YST-SW215(SUBWOOFER).
Asus O Player Mini Plus is complementing the system.

The system is well covering my living room of 13 X 18 feet. So far no issues.

The AVR RX-V473 is a Network amplifier. This means you can play internet content via wifi, content from DLNA enabled devices without connecting them through cables. Except these features, there is literally no difference between 473 and 373. There is considerable price difference. Both give same sound quality.
Yamaha RX-V573 has same feature as RX-V473 except it can be used in two rooms with extra speakers and costs a little more. The prices of these three AVRs are Rs.27,000/-, Rs.35,000/- and Rs 44,000/- respectively.

Of late we can see many consumer electronics are made with DLNA or similar feature, including pocket cameras. It is worth spending a few bucks on network AVRs, specially in 5 years perspective.

I have gone through the discussions in various fora and purchased AVR RX-V473. Please check whether it has in-built wifi is available. If not you have to purchase a separate adapter and is costly. This model is reasonably priced and made-in-Malaysia are sold in India. It consumes less power compared to Onkhyo AVRs.

The other point raised by you is Book-shelf speakers- I say do not go for them. A separate and active sub woofer will not draw power from AVR which is advantageous.
1.The AVR will not gets heated up.
2.The main speakers and surround speakers will have steady power even when the demand from sub woofer is more, like when low frequency is dominating the scene.
3. with active sub woofer, the room will be filled with excellent sound when a DTS file is played. It will help the system in producing all the frequencies at the level of settings through out. A passive sub woofer which is a part of the BS speakers, will depend on AVR and draws a lot of power in such scenes denying actual power required by the main and surround speakers and this results in their poor performance. Hence, it is always better to have a separate active sub woofer, if funds are not a constraint.
I hope this will be of some help to you in making a decision.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back