Need S/PDIF out Back panel bracket

knravi

Hi Friends,

I am from Chennai, recently I have assembled a PC for my Home. My CPU configuration are as follows

1. Intel Original DH55TC M/B
2. 4 GB DDR3 RAM (16GB Max)
3. Intel Corei3 Processor
4. 500 GB HDD

Now what I need is

My M/B has S/PDIF out header (3 Pin). I need SPDIF out backpanel bracket (Coax/Optical out) to connect my AVR.

Where can I get this SPDIF out backpanel bracket connect in chennai ?

let me know the shop and contact person or number

thanks & regards
Ravikumar K.N

Hi Friends,

I am from Chennai, recently I have assembled a PC for my Home. My CPU configuration are as follows

1. Intel Original DH55TC M/B
2. 4 GB DDR3 RAM (16GB Max)
3. Intel Corei3 Processor
4. 500 GB HDD

Now what I need is

My M/B has S/PDIF out header (3 Pin). I need SPDIF out backpanel bracket (Coax/Optical out) to connect my AVR.

Where can I get this SPDIF out backpanel bracket connect in chennai ?

let me know the shop and contact person or number

thanks & regards
Ravikumar K.N

asus makes one. i think gigabyte and msi also make these. contact their dealer/distributor.

If you are good with soldering etc, there is a circuit for it somewhere on this forum, you can make one.

hi guys.. thanks for ur suggestion.. i bought the same from ebay.. :yahoo:
Im using Denon avr1604..
connected spdif bracket in my gigabyte mb..
now i can able use digtal audio.. but.....
its playing only in pcm mode.. i could'nt play in dts mode.. :sad:
i was trying several combinations... and the result is hair loss by pulling out my head...
PLSSSS help me out.....

Which mediaplayer are you using? You should set it to bitstream dts and dolby digital. In vlc it is under Tools>Preference>Audio>Output module >DirectX audio output and select S/PDIF when available. In potplayer you can set it under Preferences>Filter Control>Audio Decoder>Built -in codec settings.

Which mediaplayer are you using? You should set it to bitstream dts and dolby digital. In vlc it is under Tools>Preference>Audio>Output module >DirectX audio output and select S/PDIF when available. In potplayer you can set it under Preferences>Filter Control>Audio Decoder>Built -in codec settings.

Thanks for ur reply.. Im using vlc ver 2.1.. i already tried these stuffs.. but no use.. and also i tried audio>device>5.1 ..
shall i try with diff player?? which one would be better??
or any other way to solve dis??

ontherocks.... u really rock man.. actually the prob s with the player only.. i uninstalled and downloaded latest mpc-hc and did those settings... now its working grt..... OMG!! it sounds awesome.. thanks a lotttt.......

Thanks for ur reply.. Im using vlc ver 2.1.. i already tried these stuffs.. but no use.. and also i tried audio>device>5.1 ..
shall i try with diff player?? which one would be better??
or any other way to solve dis??

In VLC,you have to select spdf out in audio section.
like this-

Even in windows Playback device,config it as 5.1 speakers.

Reviving this old thread...

My brother PC has SPDIF header out.. Looking for either optical/Co-axial output from PC...

Went thru the link in this thread.. That bracket costs 1,500..

A new ASUS PCI soundcard cost approx 2K..

Need inputs on DIY pointers for this bracket... My friend has fair bit of knowledge on electronics.. Will take help of him..

Reviving this old thread...

My brother PC has SPDIF header out.. Looking for either optical/Co-axial output from PC...

Went thru the link in this thread.. That bracket costs 1,500..

A new ASUS PCI soundcard cost approx 2K..

Need inputs on DIY pointers for this bracket... My friend has fair bit of knowledge on electronics.. Will take help of him..

Came across this thread in an other forum S/PDIF connectors and making your own MB S/PDIF connector

Looks like it is digital co-axial out is possible without any additional ...To me it looks simple DIY..

My brother PC has SPDIFO which has 3 pin header.. Went thru the intel DG31PR manual.. the 2nd pin is SPDIFO and the 3rd pin is GND...

Anyways i have a spare cabinet which had front panel connectors.. It fits perfectly on the header...Was able to source a bracket with S-Video out from my friend very old PC...

I guess all i need to do is take the other end of front panel connector's and connect it to RCA pin as shown in the above link...

Is there any thing else that am missing out ?

My friend did this SPDIF bracket with Digital Co-axial output.. Fwd him some links from this thread..

Build cost Rs 8 /-

dd4e4d1e8fd93ccf0ff5a8b16eecc8b2.jpg

cea5723a8b6a86d309b90102736d0c39.jpg

b9b8504a36e328593eea990e85e38bb6.jpg

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back