Need second opinion on my Speakers Selection for 5.1

SreekanthReddy

Hi,
New to HT /HIFI world. Currently I stay in rented home and my living room 14x10 feet with 50 inch Sony TV, 60%Movies and 40%Music.
Not a fan of LoudSound but would like to hear all details with punch to feel those little details even in low or mid volume

After going through few reviews here and in YouTube.
Budget:
55k for AV receiver
40k to 50k for subwoofer
70k for 5 speakers

I am planning to buy Denon 2600H
and opting for Q acoustics
3030i(is 3020i good enough for fronts?)
3090c for center,
and 3020i for sorrounds,
Tentatively opting for QB12 sub,
will plan Atmos speakers later as I don't want to cut ceilings in rented home.

Please guide me so that I won't regret later

To me the they look good. I am not sure about the Sub though, never heard it.

Were you able to audition this setup?

MaSh

Hi,

I would suggest to go for the following
i) Concept 20 as fronts , Concept Centre and 3010i/3020i as surrounds. Concept 20 has a substantially better soundstage and details than 3020i for movies and works great for stereo music too.
ii) The x2600h is a good AVR at this budget. The X3600h is 30k more but is more future proof with preouts and has much better room calibration. If you are strict on budget the x2600h is still a very good purchase. Alternative being the Yamaha counterpart which had front preouts at similar price range
Iii) At a budget of 50k you have numerous options for sub . There is no need to stick to QB12 just because it's from same brand. You can audition PB1000/BIC Pl200-II/ QB12 and XTZ 10.17( would be slightly higher than your budget)

Hi,

I would suggest to go for the following
i) Concept 20 as fronts , Concept Centre and 3010i/3020i as surrounds. Concept 20 has a substantially better soundstage and details than 3020i for movies and works great for stereo music too.
ii) The x2600h is a good AVR at this budget. The X3600h is 30k more but is more future proof with preouts and has much better room calibration. If you are strict on budget the x2600h is still a very good purchase. Alternative being the Yamaha counterpart which had front preouts at similar price range
Iii) At a budget of 50k you have numerous options for sub . There is no need to stick to QB12 just because it's from same brand. You can audition PB1000/BIC Pl200-II/ QB12 and XTZ 10.17( would be slightly higher than your budget)

Thanks...Will check concept 20 for fronts..and have a look at other subs

Hi,
New to HT /HIFI world. Currently I stay in rented home and my living room 14x10 feet with 50 inch Sony TV, 60%Movies and 40%Music.
Not a fan of LoudSound but would like to hear all details with punch to feel those little details even in low or mid volume

After going through few reviews here and in YouTube.
Budget:
55k for AV receiver
40k to 50k for subwoofer
70k for 5 speakers

I am planning to buy Denon 2600H
and opting for Q acoustics
3030i(is 3020i good enough for fronts?)
3090c for center,
and 3020i for sorrounds,
Tentatively opting for QB12 sub,
will plan Atmos speakers later as I don't want to cut ceilings in rented home.

Please guide me so that I won't regret later
Looks good to me, I personally feel Denon and Polk are made for eachother.

I would like to know if I need stabilizer and surge protector? Or it's fine to just have surge protector.

Currently I only need for TV and Home theater setup

I would like to know if I need stabilizer and surge protector? Or it's fine to just have surge protector.

Currently I only need for TV and Home theater setup
Depends where you stay. You might need it if you stay anywhere else other than Mumbai. Buy a vertex technology based stabilizer

If you wish to have 5.1 then go with Denon x3600h with QA 3020i and 3090i. Later on you can add floor standing speakers 3050i. Now you can save on front speakers and divert that in avr. You may skip subwoofer and can go for x3600 with 3050i later on add subwoofer as budget permits.

I too think you should choose the 3600 denon and a good Floor Standers to start off with. Later when budget permits you can add the other components like the Center, Surrounds and Sub.
For around 1.6L. You should be able to get the AVR and Concept 40 FS or if you are okay with an Indian brand of FS you may also look for the Platinum Achal from Indiq Audio.
Always go with an AVR with preouts. Denon 3600 is quite future proof.

Does any one know current prices for 2 KVA servo stabilizer? I got a quote of 8k for 2 KVA GMServo..not yet negotiated. Is vertex is much better than GMServo?

Attachments

• IMG_20201027_055707.jpg
    IMG_20201027_055707.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 19
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back