Need some tips on Room Treatment - Re-sound/Echo problem

so i should just get some acoustic panels and install them ...is that it or anything else I gotta do ?

I checked in hifimart ... they r costly .... i just need 4 or 5 panels I think ...coz the room is also not big
Also in hifimart they are selling as package ...not single panel separately.

2 ways to acquire Acoustic panels:
1. DIY - please google DIY acoustic panels, there are a lot of links. also lot of FM's have built panels - do a search
2. Buy them - alot of options both local brands like anutone and imported like GIK, vicoustics, Auralex, Armstrong
Guidelines: Make sure they are thick atleast 2 inches, 4 inches is better yet. Avoid thin foam based panels. Glasswool, rockwool, fibreglass etc. are much denser and absorb sound waves over a large frequency spectrum. However make sure these are safe, and well contained in the panel, as all of the above can cause serious health problems if inhaled.
Qty. needed to reduce echoes, excessive reverbation etc.
1. panels at first refelection points on side walls and ceiling and a thick carpet on the first reflection on floor.
2. If this does not entirely solve the issue, then additional absorption panels at 2 reflection points on wall and celing.
3. Lastly put thick fabric furniture in room and avoid leather and leatherette. Also try to increase thickness of curtains.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies
and thanks for the detailed explanation sidvee appreciate it very much.
i am still working and understanding about this subject :D i will post if I need any clarification about this issue. Appreciate all the help u guys can do :)
I will keep u guys updated about it.

Cheers,
Aditya

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back