Need some volunteers in Mumbai

Vivek Batra

Hi Guys

I'll be flying down to Mumbai to take the delivery of my Luxman amplifier. I am looking for a dac/streamer nowdays to pair with the Luxman amplifier and Klipsh Forte speakers.

Yesterday I was talking to FM @vivek_r , and he suggested something very good that if possible I should have a demo of Luxman amp + Klipsch Forte at CineBels Mumbai in Khar west along with some dacs.

I am looking for some volunteers from Mumbai, who could come over with their dacs to CineBels and we do a dac swapping to see how different it sounds with different dacs. I have not spoken to CineBels yet, even if they do not oblige, this exercise can be done at Designer Audio as well.

Most likely I will come over during the first/second weekend of February.

If you think you can be available and its feasible for you to carry your dac at either Designer Audio or CineBels, I will be very grateful to you and it will help me a lot to decide about the dac and even the kind of money I should spend on it.

I'll update the final plan once I know the exact delivery date of the amplifier and number of volunteers willing to come over.

I think if this happens, this is going to be a very rare occasion where I can decide on DAC by playing around with exactly same components I own.

Thanks

Regards
Vivek

Last edited:
Hi, I have a fiddly DAC that I love. RAL RATOC DM24-192 - whew what a name Happy to share it and join if time permits. However, you are better off if someone lands with a contemporary dac that you can actually buy.

Come on FMs - you get to hear Luxman and Klipsch too! And help a forum member.

Vivek - you need to convince Cinebels! Any FM who can help will be a boon - it is the closest you can listen to your full system. No point listening at Designer as you may find the effect different with Klipsch.

Hi, I have a fiddly DAC that I love. RAL RATOC DM24-192 - whew what a name Happy to share it and join if time permits. However, you are better off if someone lands with a contemporary dac that you can actually buy.

Come on FMs - you get to hear Luxman and Klipsch too! And help a forum member.

Vivek - you need to convince Cinebels! Any FM who can help will be a boon - it is the closest you can listen to your full system. No point listening at Designer as you may find the effect different with Klipsch.
Hi Vivek

Just waiting for FMs to volunteer, then will speak to CineBels. Lets hope for the good.

Absolutely correct
Hearing the Klipsch is more important then the luxman
Hearing the luxman with other speakers which designer audio carries would be of little help
And most importantly you have to try and get the kind of music you play.
Also whatever anyone says for me source is very important so if nothing else you should carry your own laptop.

My working hours are very erratic and I don't have a huge staff to help me so I can't commit anything from now .

Absolutely correct
Hearing the Klipsch is more important then the luxman
Hearing the luxman with other speakers which designer audio carries would be of little help
And most importantly you have to try and get the kind of music you play.
Also whatever anyone says for me source is very important so if nothing else you should carry your own laptop.

My working hours are very erratic and I don't have a huge staff to help me so I can't commit anything from now .
Hi Rikhav

No problem. I'll update everyone here when the exact time is known.

Thanks.

Are you planning to audition the amp with the Klipsch at Cinebels?
I don't think thats gonna happen now. Since not many volunteers and I got to catch 5 pm flight so I guess not much time. But if some one wants to listen to Luxman, most welcome.

Hi Vivek,

I don't have an independent dac . But if you want to meet up at Cinebels Khar then we can meet up whenever you come to Mumbai. You may have to leave Designer audio by 1 pm if you need to catch the 5 pm flight since it is far from the airport and considering traffic too. Pls let me know.

Last edited:
Hi Vivek,

I don't have an independent dac . But if you want to meet up at Cinebels Khar then we can meet up whenever you come to Mumbai. Pls let me know.
Hi Nitin

I think I don't have time for CineBels now. I'll spend whatever time I have at DA on Feb 1st and then catch a flight back home in the evening. I think without any dacs to try, there is no point in going to CineBels.

You are welcome if you wanna meet me at Designer Audio.

Hi Nitin

I think I don't have time for CineBels now. I'll spend whatever time I have at DA and then catch a flight back home in the evening. I think without any dacs to try, there is no point in going to CineBels.

You are welcome if you wanna meet me at Designer Audio.

Thanks Vivek, in case if I can make it to DA when you are in Mumbai then will let you know.

Listening the luxman with speakers at designer studio frankly would be waste of time.
Your Klipsch speakers are critical of pairing so ideally you should have got the luxman to the cinebels and tried any dac with forte and luxman

For me Designer Audio would be too far away so unfortunately even if I can find some time it would be difficult to me reach there

Really sorry for that

Listening the luxman with speakers at designer studio frankly would be waste of time.
Your Klipsch speakers are critical of pairing so ideally you should have got the luxman to the cinebels and tried any dac with forte and luxman

For me Designer Audio would be too far away so unfortunately even if I can find some time it would be difficult to me reach there

Really sorry for that
Hi Rikhav

No problem at all. I do understand the distance/time constraints. No worries.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back