need suggestion 42 inch flat panel

qinq

Hi there I am truly confused with options, I am checking for 42 Inch TV.

There is not even a single TV I can finalize, so far checked PV8/C10/G10/sammy b550.... and the list goes on and on.

Frankly speaking did'nt came across any TV which matches following parameters
  • Picture Quality
  • Price
  • Service

When i compare Panasonic sets they are PLASMA(consumes more energy than LCDs), heard lot about poor after sales service, but frankly speaking Panasonic comes with best TVs worldwide. Pros for pana are:- three years warranty and better reviews. I personally zeroed down to G10 than C or S series since it boost about neoPDP screens. Still very doubtful about their service.

Q.1> Is there better TV in G10 Price range from other providers?

Q.2>If not should I stick around with C10 series since it price effective, I am getting C10 for 43K and G10 for 59K.

For now I have just omitted PV8 from preferred list since its a dated technology and its having only one year warranty compared to newer plasma TVs from Panasonic, even LCD from pana is not worth, the price since its expensive, and similar to LGs L series sets.

Looking for following brands Sony/Sammy/Pana in similar price bracket.(40-59k max). Please do suggest me better models, with prime consideration that I am into gaming(have a PS3, XBOX, HTPC), and I follow stock listing as well, share tickers where blurred on PV8/Sammy 550, coz (they are 50~60 Hz at best).

Even planning to get yamaha 665 or denon 1910, have a customized home networking for HD content, but even though 70% viewing will still be SD and I am going for hire purchase for now.

All your comments and reviews will be much awaited, thanks indeed for such a forum.

Hi there I am truly confused with options, I am checking for 42 Inch TV.

There is not even a single TV I can finalize, so far checked PV8/C10/G10/sammy b550.... and the list goes on and on.

Frankly speaking did'nt came across any TV which matches following parameters
  • Picture Quality
  • Price
  • Service

When i compare Panasonic sets they are PLASMA(consumes more energy than LCDs), heard lot about poor after sales service, but frankly speaking Panasonic comes with best TVs worldwide. Pros for pana are:- three years warranty and better reviews. I personally zeroed down to G10 than C or S series since it boost about neoPDP screens. Still very doubtful about their service.

Q.1> Is there better TV in G10 Price range from other providers?

Q.2>If not should I stick around with C10 series since it price effective, I am getting C10 for 43K and G10 for 59K.

For now I have just omitted PV8 from preferred list since its a dated technology and its having only one year warranty compared to newer plasma TVs from Panasonic, even LCD from pana is not worth, the price since its expensive, and similar to LGs L series sets.

Looking for following brands Sony/Sammy/Pana in similar price bracket.(40-59k max). Please do suggest me better models, with prime consideration that I am into gaming(have a PS3, XBOX, HTPC), and I follow stock listing as well, share tickers where blurred on PV8/Sammy 550, coz (they are 50~60 Hz at best).

Even planning to get yamaha 665 or denon 1910, have a customized home networking for HD content, but even though 70% viewing will still be SD and I am going for hire purchase for now.

All your comments and reviews will be much awaited, thanks indeed for such a forum.

SD viewing is just about acceptable on the G10. It should be excellent for gaming though given the excellent motion resolution and negliglible input lag but you do have to take precautions if you do game for maybe 5-6 hours continuously and watch channels related to shares and stuff
(primarily due to burn in). But this in no way should be the most important factor when buying a plasma TV.

For this price range the G10 is overall considered a good TV

Also the blur that you might have seen on the PV8 could be more due to phosphor trailing, a trait of plasmas. This year's TVs too have it but to a slightly lesser extent.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back