Need suggestion for HT room.

Raju13

Hi friends,

At present, I have my HT setup (Denon 2700H+QA 3000 series(3050+3010C+3020)) in our living room (L-shape). In the "L", rectangular part is 12ft*18ft. I wanted to fix an AC in this room as I felt the disturbance from two ceiling fans is more. But for that I'll have to separate the "L" and make it a rectangular room. I wanted to separate the room with blinds(don't know if it's a good idea). I have one more option to shift the setup to a 11ft*12ft room which can be a dedicated HT room. I have read in some of the HT setup pages where the room which is near to square is not a good one for acoustic reflections. In my case it's almost like a square ( 11*12*9 ft). It's difficult for me just check if the room works or not a s I have to shift things from that room to somewhere else(can't get permission from Home minister as and when required). I'm planning to buy a projector also. So, kindly provide some suggestions. Thank you all!

Hi friends,

At present, I have my HT setup (Denon 2700H+QA 3000 series(3050+3010C+3020)) in our living room (L-shape). In the "L", rectangular part is 12ft*18ft. I wanted to fix an AC in this room as I felt the disturbance from two ceiling fans is more. But for that I'll have to separate the "L" and make it a rectangular room. I wanted to separate the room with blinds(don't know if it's a good idea). I have one more option to shift the setup to a 11ft*12ft room which can be a dedicated HT room. I have read in some of the HT setup pages where the room which is near to square is not a good one for acoustic reflections. In my case it's almost like a square ( 11*12*9 ft). It's difficult for me just check if the room works or not a s I have to shift things from that room to somewhere else(can't get permission from Home minister as and when required). I'm planning to buy a projector also. So, kindly provide some suggestions. Thank you all!
Go for some kind of hard partition + blinds in the L if possible.
If that is not possible, go for the smaller room, if it is not used much for other purposes. Audyssey does a decent job correcting for smaller rooms.
A midway solution is to mount the ac closer to the seating position and leave things as is.
Regards

Go for some kind of hard partition + blinds in the L if possible.
If that is not possible, go for the smaller room, if it is not used much for other purposes. Audyssey does a decent job correcting for smaller rooms.
A midway solution is to mount the ac closer to the seating position and leave things as is.
Regards
Thanks for the suggestion brother. I'll try to do partition first, May be a plywood plus some thing and see if it works. After using the setup for 6 months what I feel is the first and foremost thing to consider having a HT is the room. if it's not noise free, there is no use of buying any Hi-Fi setup.

After using the setup for 6 months what I feel is the first and foremost thing to consider having a HT is the room.

Agree completely. The odds of getting performance anywhere near the potential of your equipment if the issues plaguing the room haven’t been addressed are somewhere between zero and none, IMO.

if it's not noise free, there is no use of buying any Hi-Fi setup.

Understand the frustration, but I wouldn’t go that far. To each his own, though.

I don’t regret my audio equipment choices despite an absolutely whiny UPS in the HT room. Might still move it to the kitchen adjacent, mind😉

Thanks for the suggestion brother. I'll try to do partition first, May be a plywood plus some thing and see if it works. After using the setup for 6 months what I feel is the first and foremost thing to consider having a HT is the room. if it's not noise free, there is no use of buying any Hi-Fi setup.
Agree 100%
Any system's output and quality improves if one can switch off the fan and move the outdoor AC unit away from the media room.
In my room, personally, its a clear five-six clicks of the volume button/or 4dB advantage once i switch off the fan.

Agree 100%
Any system's output and quality improves if one can switch off the fan and move the outdoor AC unit away from the media room.
In my room, personally, its a clear five-six clicks of the volume button/or 4dB advantage once i switch off the fan.
I don't know if it's true or not but what I feel when I switch off the fan is not only improvement of db's but also the minor sounds which are wiped out with fan in ON condition. One more thing is last time when I tried calibration with ceiling fan in ON condition, the results weren't good at all. Coz of the fan audissy couldn't recognize some of the speakers and there was a huge mismatch with the actual position of the speakers and the final results.

You are right the partition and removing the fan will marginally improve the quality and plywood partition works good enough mine is also in l shape 16 x 18 with 6 ft opening making it 22 x 18 in L shape at half so i may put a partition to make it proper 16 x 18 if my sound doesn’t works out will test sound first … coming to the reflections if you feel they are getting out of control put some acoustic rock wool panels on walls don’t even need to cover completely they work great … especially the rear wall behind listening position and first reflection points and maybe corners of it gets too bad also you sitting sofa and recliner will act as a reflection absorber too and for the projector what’s your budget my personal fav under 2 lacs is Epson tw9400 packs a punch with warm soothing Colors and respectable quality and under 1.4 you got more options like Epson 7100 and some benqs

I just tried by shifting my LCR alone into a small room 10×9 approx... it made a lot of difference. I could hear each and every tiny bits and pieces. I have decided to shift the complete setup ASAP.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back