Need suggestion for Int Amp, Speakers, sub-woofer and DAC combination

debrajsahu

Hello everyone.....I am a newbie in the world of audiophiles.
I have been using creative desktop speakers for a long time. But now since I can afford better stereo systems, I want suggestions regarding Int Amp, Speakers, DAC and sub-woofer combination for a custom stereo system. Recently I have been researching a lot in this regard but I am too confused, as there are too many options to choose from.

My needs:
  • Stereo system only for listening to music.
  • 2.1 channel system.
  • No specific genre, as a listen to various style of music.
  • For a room measuring about 12*14 sq. feet.
  • Speakers should be bookshelf type.
  • I will be using Apple AirPort or any similar device with the system for wireless streaming.
  • My preference would be neutral to warm sounding system.
  • Speakers could be more mid and high frequency responsive/sensitive as I will get a sub-woofer.

Wish List:-
Integrated Amp: Yamaha A S500
Speakers: Warfedale Diamond 10.1
Wireless Streaming: Apple AirPort Express

I think I should get a DAC as I will be using wireless streaming and specifically because the Yamaha A S500 does not have an integrated DAC.

It would be nice if anyone could suggest good speaker cables for the system.

My budget is around Rs.70-80k for the whole system.

Your query is too generalized! Suggest that you do some auditioning and then seek help in choosing between specific speakers.

Did you listen to any other speakers apart from Wharfdale?

You can always add a DAC at a later stage.

You could consider Marantz and NAD as well.

Wharfdale 121s are supposed to be pretty good. Mordaunt Short Aviano/Mezzo 1 and 2, DALI Zensor 1, Kef Q300 should also be on your audition list. Not to forget the Usher S520.

I don't think you will be able to include a DAC in your budget.

Hello everyone.....I am a newbie in the world of audiophiles.
I have been using creative desktop speakers for a long time. But now since I can afford better stereo systems, I want suggestions regarding Int Amp, Speakers, DAC and sub-woofer combination for a custom stereo system. Recently I have been researching a lot in this regard but I am too confused, as there are too many options to choose from.

My needs:
  • Stereo system only for listening to music.
  • 2.1 channel system.
  • No specific genre, as a listen to various style of music.
  • For a room measuring about 12*14 sq. feet.
  • Speakers should be bookshelf type.
  • I will be using Apple AirPort or any similar device with the system for wireless streaming.
  • My preference would be neutral to warm sounding system.
  • Speakers could be more mid and high frequency responsive/sensitive as I will get a sub-woofer.

Wish List:-
Integrated Amp: Yamaha A S500
Speakers: Warfedale Diamond 10.1
Wireless Streaming: Apple AirPort Express

I think I should get a DAC as I will be using wireless streaming and specifically because the Yamaha A S500 does not have an integrated DAC.

It would be nice if anyone could suggest good speaker cables for the system.

My budget is around Rs.70-80k for the whole system.

I've a brand new KEF Q-300 Speakers @rs.26500. If interested please contact me

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back