Need Suggestion: Micca RB 42 and Fosi audio bt20A a good combo?

Peace_Audio

Hi,

I am planning to buy my first Hi-fi Audio system. I have shortlisted the following components, Speaker as Micca RB 42 and the Amp as Fosi audio bt20a. It will be a room of size12' x 11', Desk setup. I also will be purchasing a TV in the near future to watch some movies and I want an Amp to be able to hook up to that as well along with my PC.

The Micca RB 42 cost around 14990 INR. (201$) and the Fosi Audio BR20A costs around 13959 INR. (187$). Is it worth spending this amount for both of these?

I had also considered alternatives as below:
Speakers -> Edifiers 1700BT (145$)
AMP -> Micca OriGain 50W per channel (104$)

I chose the Fosi Amp as it has Bluetooth functionality as I plan to listen to music when I am not on the desk as well.
These are the only Amps available at this time and all other amps are either very expensive or out of stock. so kindly suggest if this combo is good enough or I should consider something else.

Hi, welcome to the forum..

Please mention your budget, so that it will be easy to suggest multiple options.

Now coming to the options you have shortlisted, Edifier is an active speaker, so you don't need an external amplifier to drive them. If you going in that route better consider options having digital inputs like r1850db since the new age TVs have only digital outs in most of them. If budget permits, you can consider some higher models from Edifier.

Have you enquired at local stores? I'm not sure how good or bad Micca RB 42 is, but there are quite a few options in passive bookshelf speakers and I'd recommend listening to one or two before you take a final call. You should be able to find stores to audition them.

You can take a look at Mission LX2 or Mission MX1. Then there's JBL Stage A120, Taga Harmony Platinum One. You can also look at Monitor Audio Radius 45, Taga Harmony Azure B-40, Fyne Audio F300. A little above your budget would be Dali Spektor 1, Q-Acoustics 3010i. There are a lot of options. If you were to let us know your location, usage pattern, and budget, people would be able to help you better.

Hi, welcome to the forum..

Please mention your budget, so that it will be easy to suggest multiple options.

Now coming to the options you have shortlisted, Edifier is an active speaker, so you don't need an external amplifier to drive them. If you going in that route better consider options having digital inputs like r1850db since the new age TVs have only digital outs in most of them. If budget permits, you can consider some higher models from EdifMy Budge
My budget is 30,000 Rs. max (400$) -> (Headphone + Amp).
The Edifier r1850db is out of stock right now. There is a newer model which is r1855db available which costs 13,191 Rs. (177$). I am not sure if it's any better than the r1850db or 1700bt.

Have you enquired at local stores? I'm not sure how good or bad Micca RB 42 is, but there are quite a few options in passive bookshelf speakers and I'd recommend listening to one or two before you take a final call. You should be able to find stores to audition them.

You can take a look at Mission LX2 or Mission MX1. Then there's JBL Stage A120, Taga Harmony Platinum One. You can also look at Monitor Audio Radius 45, Taga Harmony Azure B-40, Fyne Audio F300. A little above your budget would be Dali Spektor 1, Q-Acoustics 3010i. There are a lot of options. If you were to let us know your location, usage pattern, and budget, people would be able to help you better.
I live in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. I am not aware of any offline stores near me or even in Delhi.
My budget is 30,000 Rs. (400$) for headphones + Amp. I think I should put more money on speakers than the Amp. All the speakers you have mentioned are available but I will have to buy an Amp as well, that too good one, and most of the Amps I found cost a lot that is why I chose Micca Rb42s.

My use case will be casual music listening and watching movies, sometimes gaming too but that is not important I guess.

I want to purchase a good sound system and forget about it. I like good audio and I have been wanting to get into this hobby.
I do want to spend on a good sound system even though I don't have any experience prior to this and might not even tell the difference instantly if not in case put side by side.

If you have any suggestions from where I can buy in Delhi NCR offline that would be great. Also, suggest some good Amps to drive them considering my budget. If the combo is good enough for years I might consider going beyond my budget a little bit. Thanks

I want to purchase a good sound system and forget about it.
If this is how you feel, you'd probably be better off with active speakers. You'll get pretty good active speakers in your budget. Going for a very cheap amp with passive speakers might not get you the same results. If you had the budget for a decent amp and passive speakers, you could get pretty good results, but decent integrated amps cost quite a bit. And there aren't a lot of budget stereo amp options in India.

Check this set which has pretty good reviews

If you feel active speakers will fulfill your requirements, we can suggest more options.

Micca Rb42 and Micca Origain is a very good budget friendly combo.

Check out Joe and Tel review of them. And they also measures well.

I don't think you will compromise much with the sound quality.

My 0.2

If this is how you feel, you'd probably be better off with active speakers. You'll get pretty good active speakers in your budget. Going for a very cheap amp with passive speakers might not get you the same results. If you had the budget for a decent amp and passive speakers, you could get pretty good results, but decent integrated amps cost quite a bit. And there aren't a lot of budget stereo amp options in India.

Check this set which has pretty good reviews

If you feel active speakers will fulfill your requirements, we can suggest more options.
What do you think of the below Amps:
1. Fosi Audio BR20A
2. FX Audio M160E
3. FX Audio D502

Also, let me know what Speaker Amp combo would you suggest (Not considering the budget) for someone like me whos building his first Audio system.

Micca Rb42 and Micca Origain is a very good budget friendly combo.

Check out Joe and Tel review of them. And they also measures well.

I don't think you will compromise much with the sound quality.

My 0.2
Thanks, I would consider this.

Also, let me know what Speaker Amp combo would you suggest (Not considering the budget) for someone like me whos building his first Audio system.
I do not have any experience with integrated amps, so can't say what is good among these.

If budget was not a constraint, but I was to recommend within a reasonable limit, I would recommend Marantz PM5005 with something like an Elac Debut 5.2, Dali Spektor 1, Q-acoustics 3010i, Mission LX-2 MkII. This would cost you somewhere around ₹48-52k. Other more experienced users can recommend better if you're willing to spend this much.

Last edited:

Fosi audio bt20A is strangely strong and lean sounding amp, up to 12'O clock (which any body rarely need) it is clean sounding also, I have tested it with my floor standing speaker Cabasse MT31, it brings a smile on my face as how a Rs.5000 worth Class-D Amp can give such output. Many calculations and myths will be busted. As far as it's life is concern can't comment.... alternately you can consider Norge 2060 UBT Stereo Amplifier if you need bluetooth and long lasting decent performance. For your budget these two highly recommended, can compete with 4/5 times worth so called hifi amp any day any time.

Norge 2060BT looks too bulky for my setup though. I would pass on it.
Btw how is the blutooth quality of Fosi audio bt20A?
I was planning to get the FX Audio D502 instead. As for the blutooth, I might get Topping bc3 blutooth receiver later. Also because the Micca Rb42s have low Impedance the power output is also good with the FX AudioD502 for the price. It's 60Wx2 @ 4ohm and 45Wx2 @ 8ohm. Micca has 4-8 Ohm range.

Fosi audio bt20A is strangely strong and lean sounding amp, up to 12'O clock (which any body rarely need) it is clean sounding also, I have tested it with my floor standing speaker Cabasse MT31, it brings a smile on my face as how a Rs.5000 worth Class-D Amp can give such output. Many calculations and myths will be busted. As far as it's life is concern can't comment.... alternately you can consider Norge 2060 UBT Stereo Amplifier if you need bluetooth and long lasting decent performance. For your budget these two highly recommended, can compete with 4/5 times worth so called hifi amp any day any time.

I do not have any experience with integrated amps, so can't say what is good among these.

If budget was not a constraint, but I was to recommend within a reasonable limit, I would recommend Marantz PM5005 with something like an Elac Debut 5.2, Dali Spektor 1, Q-acoustics 3010i, Mission LX-2 MkII. This would cost you somewhere around ₹48-52k. Other more experienced users can recommend better if you're willing to spend this much.
Thanks for the recommendation. Marantz PM5005 is too big for my setup as of now. Also, I might not be able to use all the features this provides. I have narrowed it down to FX Audio D502. I have decided I will slowly move towards expensive stuff.

Thanks for the recommendation. Marantz PM5005 is too big for my setup as of now. Also, I might not be able to use all the features this provides. I have narrowed it down to FX Audio D502. I have decided I will slowly move towards expensive stuff.
That's great. Hope it serves you well.

What speakers are you going with?

Blue tooth connectivity is good, but bt sound not upto the mark. Shining point is the RCA Input, it's performance much much more than the price point.

Hi Bro,

Did you complete this setup? Is it good?

I'm planning the same setup with Fosi bt20a amp and Micca bookshelf.

Just wanted to know how it sounds.

Thanks,

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back