Need suggestions for a 2 Ton Air conditioner

Chaos

Planning to install an air conditioner in our living room. The dimensions of the room are 20 feet in length by 15 feet in width and 10 feet in height.

What AC would you recommend for a room of this size? My budget is 50K or lesser. Can't install 2 lower rated ACs as there is only space for one outdoor unit.

This AC will be used for mostly 2-3 hours per day and not more than that. So, a 2 or 3 star rated AC should be all right i guess.

With your budget, your options will already be pretty limited.
Just be sure that the 2 ton ac you buy has a minimun cooling capacity of 6000 watts.
More is preferable if room receives much sunlight from outside walls or open terrace. Or if more than 2 people will be occupying it.

Hitachi or Carrier.
If you can, go for Mitsubishi or Daikin. It will be worth the extra few thousand.
I had a Kelvinator 1.5 ton in my living room and later replaced it with a Daikin 1.5 ton. Big difference in cooling and noise level. Same for a Mitsubishi replacing a Voltas in another room.

EDIT: Check out Toshiba as well.

Last edited:
+1 for Daikin.

Amazing performance in terms of cooling and noise level (very quiet).

The price difference is significant.
So if price is not an issue then you can try Carrier. It will give more cooling and will be more reliable.
Otherwise LG will work too.

My suggestion would be Sharp Inverter ac. So do checkout for reviews n you'll find only positive reviews on every forum including this one.
Sharp will also be the most VFM

My suggestion would be Sharp Inverter ac. So do checkout for reviews n you'll find only positive reviews on every forum including this one.
Sharp will also be the most VFM

Thanks but that's way over my budget. I'm looking at something close to 50k and lesser.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back