Need suggestions for buying an integrated amp ( Peachtree Nova vs Cambridge Audio CXA60)

varunc_h

I would like to buy a 2 channel amp to listen to music (Tidal/Spotify/Apple Music). Considering to pair this with a Jamo S606 speaker. I would be using this for only listening to music. Presently I have auditioned a 4-year-old Peachtree Nova 80w and I really liked it. But with that budget, I can buy a new Cambridge Audio CXA60 here in India. But I couldn’t get a chance to hear the sound signature of Cambridge Audio yet. Do you really think CXA60 would be better than Nova? Awaiting for your suggestions.

Welcome to the forum! Thank you for joining.
Good luck with your amplifier search!

Welcome to the forum.
You may also consider a Yamaha stereo integrated amp like the AS series.
Have used a Yamaha AS500 with Jamo S506. They matched very well and was my preference over the Cambridge.
Cheers

Hi, welcome to the forum. What speakers do you intend to use the amplifier with?

Welcome to the forum.
You may also consider a Yamaha stereo integrated amp like the AS series.
Have used a Yamaha AS500 with Jamo S506. They matched very well and was my preference over the Cambridge.
Cheers
Thank you... will check those.

I have auditioned Peachtree Nova 300 with KLH kendell speakers and Cambridge Audio CXA 60 with Monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers at different locations with a gap of almost 6 to 8 months. To my auditioned ....
Peachtree nova sound signature was natural and warmer with overall relaxed presentation. It can be easily paired with most of the speakers available today.
Cambridge audio was little bright but lively and musical . Carefully matching of speakers requires else entire sound signature will lead to brighter side.
Both the speakers played important role in defining the sound signature of amplifier. KLH was warmer and MA B5 was little more details with limited low end extension.
Best match with Jamo may be Peachtree nova if in very good working and cosmetic conditions @ 50% discount on purchase cost else CXA60 is available in market for discounted price as CA has recently introduced CXA61 in market.

As mentioned by rpmahale cambridge audio is slightly bright, you may consider Marantz, if you would like to move to next level you can consider Naim as well

I have heard the Peachtree Decco 125 a couple of times at different dealers. Always came out impressed with this amp. Fully in control.
Yes, i'm also super impressed. But Nova is released at 2009 and lil concerned to buy this time as it might be outdated.

I have used the Peachtree decco 65 until last year. Fantastic performance. amplifiers don't get outdated, The built-in DAC is impressive on these amps. You just need to hear it with your speakers and see if you like it.

M using Peachtree Decco 125 from last 4 months and this amp just do everything so right. The convenience of wireless streaming clubbed with great DAC makes this amp a real pick. The control over bass is stupendous. The overall presentation can actually takeover/Match amps 2X its price.
Personal experience says - Avoid bright sounding speaker to pair with it.

I would like to buy a 2 channel amp to listen to music (Tidal/Spotify/Apple Music). Considering to pair this with a Jamo S606 speaker. I would be using this for only listening to music. Presently I have auditioned a 4-year-old Peachtree Nova 80w and I really liked it. But with that budget, I can buy a new Cambridge Audio CXA60 here in India. But I couldn’t get a chance to hear the sound signature of Cambridge Audio yet. Do you really think CXA60 would be better than Nova? Awaiting for your suggestions.
What did you end up buying?

I own a peachtree nova 300. It is pretty decent.paired it with psb imagine 2 speakers.had Earlier paired it with my paradigm studio 60 speakers. The amp is non fusssy

Back