Need Suggestions for Indoor Security Camera Setup

MadAxe

I'm planning to set up two Wifi based indoor security cameras.

Budget: 6k (total)

Need recommendations for which ones to buy.

Requirements:

1. Good video quality (Every company claims that theirs is Full HD. Don't know which one truly is and whom to trust)
2. Night vision
3. Cheap cloud storage
4. Wifi connectivity for watching live feed

The only one which I've found which meets these requirements is the Xiaomi 360° Home Security Camera 2i but some users on reddit are claiming that it does not have cloud storage and Xiaomi is falsely advertising it.

Requirements:

1. Good video quality (Every company claims that theirs is Full HD. Don't know which one truly is and whom to trust)
2. Night vision
3. Cheap cloud storage

The only one which I've found which meets these requirements is the Xiaomi 360° Home Security Camera 2i but some users on reddit are claiming that it does not have cloud storage and Xiaomi is falsely advertising it.

Go with TAPO . I am using two of them . They have all the features.

Requirements:

2. Night vision
3. Cheap cloud storage

yes, thats true. I bought mi 2k pro camera and returned it because of no cloud storage options.

so currently using mi 1080p camera with 64gb microsd card which keeps data for a week. also, this needs wifi setup.

install mi home and you can watch live feed from anywhere. clarity is good.

Requirements:

2. Night vision
3. Cheap cloud storage

I've been using this since quite some time.

When did you buy this? Some users claim that they do infact have Xiaomi cloud storage while others claim they don't.
Last month from amazon and returned it immediately after confirming no cloud storage options. Even i saw some users claim that MI 1080p camera also has cloud storage option which doesn't exist in the products i received.

I'm using 3 Mi 360 cameras at home & though quality, Mi Home etc is good, it does lack cloud storage.

Is there anything similar available with cloud storage (actual users only pls)?

I have used HikVision camera indoors.
Camera quality was excellent.
Night vision too was very good as it had automatic flash.
Dont recollect using cloud storage as a 64gb Sd card was sufficient for my needs.

Last edited:
Anyone has experience with CP Plus indoor cams?
How much does EZVIZ (Hikvision) cloud storage costs?

yes, thats true. I bought mi 2k pro camera and returned it because of no cloud storage options.
My comments may be very preliminary since I received the cam yesterday and I'm currently testing it before deployment in final premises.

Mi 2k Pro seems to have 7-day rolling cloud storage option for free in India.

The cloud storage seems to be working just fine (have tested it without onboard SDHC card as well), but the catch is, its for Motion/Person detection events only and not for continous footage. If I understood this right, you need to enable Home Surveillance/Home Monitoring to enable the Cloud Storage

For contionous footage storage, we can ofcourse use SD Card or NAS option which was there in previous Mi Cameras as well

My comments may be very preliminary since I received the cam yesterday and I'm currently testing it before deployment in final premises.

The cloud storage seems to be working just fine (have tested it without onboard SDHC card as well), but the catch is, its for Motion/Person detection events only and not for continous footage. If I understood this right, you need to enable Home Surveillance/Home Monitoring to enable the Cloud Storage

For contionous footage storage, we can ofcourse use SD Card or NAS option which was there in previous Mi Cameras as well
Thanks for the info, again this is very limited use as we definitely need a SD card to store/view continuous footage.

Can you please attach some screenshots of the Xiaomi app UI showing the cloud storage option working?
It has 'rolling' storage just like DVRs and NVRs right but just for 7 days right?

Can you please attach some screenshots of the Xiaomi app UI showing the cloud storage option working?
It has 'rolling' storage just like DVRs and NVRs right but just for 7 days right?
Yea. It's a rolling 7 days period. I am using one. Can dm you more screenshot if you need.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back