Need suggestions for my First Avr Home theater under 35,000/-.

n52n53

I auditioned YHT 196 (20,000/-) and YHT 1810 (29,000/-) and didn't find much difference in terms of sound quality.
But only one major issue troubling me and forcing me to consider yht 1810 (given a difference of 9,000/-) is the absence of 4K pass feature in yht 196.
Considering the imminent future will be flourished with 4K contents, the feature is a must for me.
So, the choice was between :
1: yht 1810
2: yht 299 ( 36,000/-) (usefull additions are usb-aux ports, YPAO, active sub etc)
3: Assembled AVR and speaker systems (not necessarily Yamaha)

Experienced members, please provide your valuable inputs.

PS- I'll prefer buying whole system at once instead of investing in equipments one at a time.

Hi,

Based on your immediate connectivity and entertainment requirements you should go for that system.

Systems keep changing with time and eventually with new formats n features being launched, you may upgrade after 1-3 years of use.

If budget is a constraint, look at For Sale by onwer or check Hi Fi Ads.

If Home Theatre in a Box is what would need, then go for YHT-1810. Atleast you would not be hunting for AVR features if you choose it. Below link can be used to see comparison between these two:

Home Theater Packages - Yamaha - India

If you can stretch your budget then below option would be good w.r.t. AVR features as well as overall sound quality.

AVR: Any AVR within 20-25K (may be you can get a good power + feature AVR if look for used one)
AV Receivers : Pioneer VSX-330 AV Receiver
AV Receivers : Pioneer VSX-524-K AV Receiver

Speakers: Taga Harmony 5 speakers @ 23K, should be good enough for starting and you can add a sub later (may be get a used one)
Speakers: Speaker Systems : Taga Harmony TAV-506 V.2 Home Theatre Speaker System

P.S. Soon people get dissatisfied with entry level HTiB, avoid it if you can :)

I auditioned YHT 196 (20,000/-) and YHT 1810 (29,000/-) and didn't find much difference in terms of sound quality.
But only one major issue troubling me and forcing me to consider yht 1810 (given a difference of 9,000/-) is the absence of 4K pass feature in yht 196.
Considering the imminent future will be flourished with 4K contents, the feature is a must for me.
So, the choice was between :
1: yht 1810
2: yht 299 ( 36,000/-) (usefull additions are usb-aux ports, YPAO, active sub etc)
3: Assembled AVR and speaker systems (not necessarily Yamaha)

Experienced members, please provide your valuable inputs.

PS- I'll prefer buying whole system at once instead of investing in equipments one at a time.

How big is your room? if its a largish room ,an HTiB may not be suitable.

Thanks for your advice but I have had a bad experience with buying used products.So, that's not an option I'll prefer .Also, can anyone please tell me what's the major difference between an Avr Htib and an assembled HT.

Last edited:
If Home Theatre in a Box is what would need, then go for YHT-1810. Atleast you would not be hunting for AVR features if you choose it. Below link can be used to see comparison between these two:

Home Theater Packages - Yamaha - India

If you can stretch your budget then below option would be good w.r.t. AVR features as well as overall sound quality.

AVR: Any AVR within 20-25K (may be you can get a good power + feature AVR if look for used one)
AV Receivers : Pioneer VSX-330 AV Receiver
AV Receivers : Pioneer VSX-524-K AV Receiver

Speakers: Taga Harmony 5 speakers @ 23K, should be good enough for starting and you can add a sub later (may be get a used one)
Speakers: Speaker Systems : Taga Harmony TAV-506 V.2 Home Theatre Speaker System

P.S. Soon people get dissatisfied with entry level HTiB, avoid it if you can :)
1. My budget is 35k
2. Even if I spend more , then too I'm not getting a sub after spending minimum 45k.

Kindly suggest me based on my requirement as well as budget.

Hi

HTiB is more of entry level systems where as separates are more powerful with more features and can be matched with different brands etc.

Based on the specs provided the area of listening / room area is almost 200 sq ft....I believe the YHT is decent enough unless you are looking to make the place vibrate and loud as a disco!

1. My budget is 35k
2. Even if I spend more , then too I'm not getting a sub after spending minimum 45k.

Kindly suggest me based on my requirement as well as budget.

The floor stands contains low freq driver and I think it would do decent job and can be thought as alternative to sub which come with HTiB below 35/40K.

So, you can start without a sub and add it later as and when pocket would allow.

The floor stands contains low freq driver and I think it would do decent job and can be thought as alternative to sub which come with HTiB below 35/40K.

So, you can start without a sub and add it later as and when pocket would allow.
That sounds do-able if there's that much difference between an htib an assembled system.
So I'll buy an AVR around 18-20k (yamaha /pioneer/denon).
But, What would be your choice for speakers, given a budget of 15-17k.

That sounds do-able. But, I don't see many reviews for taga harmony 506 v2 or 606 v3.
Are Polk, Q acoustics, boston, etc better at this range.?
Also, how is this brand giving floor standin speakers so cheap (23k for 5.0)while other brands sell 2.0 for more than 30k.

keeping an eye at this thread as I am interested in getting a HT within 30k to 35k.. Or maybe DIY HT.. this thread going towards DIY though... keeping an eye here.. i hope its ok if I ask questions too here

keeping an eye at this thread as I am interested in getting a HT within 30k to 35k.. Or maybe DIY HT.. this thread going towards DIY though... keeping an eye here.. i hope its ok if I ask questions too here
Sure! You're welcome to ask as well as share whatever you've learnt and auditioned till now.

Sure! You're welcome to ask as well as share whatever you've learnt and auditioned till now.

thanks.. but sorry I dont have much knowledge on AV systems.. Am very new to this forum and reading a lot of threads to understand how AV works and what are the ways you can put up a system.. Just been replying to the threads that I seem interested in and may be useful for me in near future to be able to get notifications on this... this is one of the interested posts as am researching for a HT for one of my relatives who is going to buy n asked me my opinion since I love Tech.. I have decided on one of the Swans stereo speakers for myself to buy which am going to very soon.. Suggested my one of the FM's here n reviews are awesome all over the internet for swan speakers.. am sure you will be suggested the right system as per your requirements n probably mine too...

BTW is Soundbar a better alternative for a living room area (12 by 14 feet) compared to a 5.1 HTiB?

Well, there is no alternative to multichannel 5.1 setup really.
If You do not want multichannel setup (like 5.1/7.1) then you can look for stereo:
1) stereo using either powered/active speakers or stereo amplifier + speakers setup
2) Sound bar

Well, there is no alternative to multichannel 5.1 setup really.
If You do not want multichannel setup (like 5.1/7.1) then you can look for stereo:
1) stereo using either powered/active speakers or stereo amplifier + speakers setup
2) Sound bar

got it.. thanks..

i guess i will let them an option for both HT and Soundbar.. will be seeing which one will suit their need..

Last edited:
That sounds do-able. But, I don't see many reviews for taga harmony 506 v2 or 606 v3.
Are Polk, Q acoustics, boston, etc better at this range.?
Also, how is this brand giving floor standin speakers so cheap (23k for 5.0)while other brands sell 2.0 for more than 30k.

Price depends upon lot of things like total cost of material used, labor, testing & development, brand value, etc..
These FS may not compete with well known established brans but are good enough to start with HT setup. I have auditioned TAV-606 SE and they sounded good to me with my AVR (I took my AVR for audition), keeping the price of these speakers in mind and not comparing it with other speaker sets costing too much breaking your bank.

And its all about making the correct combination really, no one would suggest you to buy 80K AVR to run these speakers. You would hunt for better speakers keeping your other components in parallel.

How good is taga 506 v2? Will it be compatible with htp 3067. I am planning to buy as my budget is around 45k.

I started with yht 2910. But i learnt assembling is better option.
How good is taga 606 v3 compared with 506 v2? It is 5k more.
Please suggest
Thanks

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back