Need suggestions on Rear Speaker and SubWoofer Placement

skelfoutlaw

Hey Guys,

I have recently purchased Samsung Q990B and using it with my Projector and TV. You can see my current setup in the pics.

So I have my couch aligned to the wall and don’t have any space between wall and the couch. The only option I have for rear speakers placement are the ones i have highlighted in the photo. Will this be a ideal place for the rear speakers? Also what should be the height where i should place these?

Regarding the subwoofer, you can see where I have placed it as of now (Besides the couch). I cant place it in the front near the TV as there is no place on the floor and I don’t want to place it on the table top.
Also If I do so, I cant pull down the projector screen. Does the current subwoofer position looks good? Please do give suggestions if you feel it can be placed better.

Attachments

• 69730D90-E180-4D50-AFBE-8ED4CF64CC92.jpeg
    69730D90-E180-4D50-AFBE-8ED4CF64CC92.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 75BE904C-0EA6-4146-BE27-4F91FDC61720.jpeg
    75BE904C-0EA6-4146-BE27-4F91FDC61720.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 52
So I have my couch aligned to the wall and don’t have any space between wall and the couch. The only option I have for rear speakers placement are the ones i have highlighted in the photo
In this case, Bipoles are best option and can be mounted 2-3 ft above the hilighted area for better surround experience .

Subwoofer can be placed in the corner.

My suggestion on the sub is to place it on the couch at your listening spot and play a movie with it connected. Then literally crawl on the floor into the preferred spots where you think the sound is what you like and then place to as close to that spot as possible, aesthetics permitting. This method sounds silly (and people watching you may laugh) but it will give you the best results.

@Sugar The “Subwoofer Crawl” method. 😅 Tried this method post which i placed it in the table top which you can see but the tv unit rattled so finally gave up and brought it back besides the sofa. 😅

I tried mounting the rear speakers at different heights and angles. Finally going with Bipoles👍🏻
Hello.. buying another set of biopole speakers instead of the surround speakers came along with the sound bar? If so how will you pair it with the sound bar? Sorry for my ignorance.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back