Need suggestions.. please help

Zaved

Hello there.. I want to buy Denon X2600h and polk audio signature series speakers from Kolkata ... Please suggest me where should I go for best deal and who provides good after sell service ...
Pro Fx says they are the only one who provides after sell service on Denon and polk audio , they have service centre for polk and Denon. But their rate is high ... Harmoni audio gives good deal on Denon and Polk but confuse about after sells service... Please suggest what to do ..
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to HFV Zaved.

What I gathered is, there are two authorised importers for Denon viz ProFx and PTC.
If the unit you get has a sticker on the carton saying "Imported By ProFx" you'll HAVE to approach ProFX for warranty claims. But, if the unit has been imported by PTC, you'll have to send the unit to Mumbai for warranty claims. (Not verified, that's what I was told)
Post warranty, there is an authorised Denon service center in College Street and apparently another one is coming up near Tollygunge.
That said, AVRs seldom go kaput within the warranty period. And, the owner of Harmonie Audio is a respected forum member and a gentleman. I'm sure he won't leave you hanging.

As for Polk Audio, I think ProFx are the sole importers.

Could you share the quotes here if you don't mind? I'm also keen on the Signature series.

I see you have created multiple threads "https://www.hifivision.com/threads/hii-guys.80951/" its not required, you need to learn to be patient and obey forum rules.

Welcome to HFV.

I am a Profx Denon customer for more than 9 years now. If your Denon AVR runs into issues they can do dismantling and re-mantling as most of the components are like plugged / slotted in as cards similar to how computer motherboard and peripheral works. However if they suspect a card problem they do not have the capability to repair themselves. If its in warranty then they either ship the component of AVR back to their HQ in Bangalore for a replacement or if its out of warranty or out of parts they go to some renowned local service technician like Ashok Mondal or Rajesh Tanna (he runs the college street workshop that is sometimes termed as Denon service center) who has the actual capability to repair such sophisticated parts. However as I have learnt that Denon parts take time to get procured from the market and with the Chinese connection troubled its even more now. Onkyos on the other hand do not have these problems.

You should definitely buy from the one who gives you the best rates, provided the below two conditions satisfy
1. They are recognized official resellers as per Denon India distributor
2. They are going to give you stamped warranty card and the warranty terms are in line with what the India Distributor of Denon says

From Denon website, https://www.denon.com/distributor-network-details?RegId={8E95CCA1-9BCC-4162-91D7-183F86B0B61E} the India distributor is below. You must get in touch with them first.

Preeti Trading Corporation
3, Shubhangini Building, 51, Milan Subway Road, Santacruz West,
Mumbai, Maharashtra
India
TEL: +919820644435, +912226108821, +912226108820
E-Mail: [email protected], [email protected]
PRO FX Tech Pvt Ltd
Dynamic House, 64, Church Street,
Bengaluru - 560001 INDIA
TEL: +91 80 65686722
E-Mail: [email protected]; [email protected]

You should follow the same for Polks too. But speakers generally suffer less from sporadic electronics failure than AVRs unless you blow the tweeter while doing high volume enthusiastic musical sessions too often. But even then the procedure of spare replacement is more of less similar as that of AVRs.

Hope you got what you came looking for. Happy Listening.

Hello and welcome to HFV Zaved.

What I gathered is, there are two authorised importers for Denon viz ProFx and PTC.
If the unit you get has a sticker on the carton saying "Imported By ProFx" you'll HAVE to approach ProFX for warranty claims. But, if the unit has been imported by PTC, you'll have to send the unit to Mumbai for warranty claims. (Not verified, that's what I was told)
Post warranty, there is an authorised Denon service center in College Street and apparently another one is coming up near Tollygunge.
That said, AVRs seldom go kaput within the warranty period. And, the owner of Harmonie Audio is a respected forum member and a gentleman. I'm sure he won't leave you hanging.

As for Polk Audio, I think ProFx are the sole importers.

Could you share the quotes here if you don't mind? I'm also keen on the Signature series.
15% discount on MRP (polk speakers)

I see you have created multiple threads "https://www.hifivision.com/threads/hii-guys.80951/" its not required, you need to learn to be patient and obey forum rules.

Welcome to HFV.

I am a Profx Denon customer for more than 9 years now. If your Denon AVR runs into issues they can do dismantling and re-mantling as most of the components are like plugged / slotted in as cards similar to how computer motherboard and peripheral works. However if they suspect a card problem they do not have the capability to repair themselves. If its in warranty then they either ship the component of AVR back to their HQ in Bangalore for a replacement or if its out of warranty or out of parts they go to some renowned local service technician like Ashok Mondal or Rajesh Tanna (he runs the college street workshop that is sometimes termed as Denon service center) who has the actual capability to repair such sophisticated parts. However as I have learnt that Denon parts take time to get procured from the market and with the Chinese connection troubled its even more now. Onkyos on the other hand do not have these problems.

You should definitely buy from the one who gives you the best rates, provided the below two conditions satisfy
1. They are recognized official resellers as per Denon India distributor
2. They are going to give you stamped warranty card and the warranty terms are in line with what the India Distributor of Denon says

From Denon website, https://www.denon.com/distributor-network-details?RegId={8E95CCA1-9BCC-4162-91D7-183F86B0B61E} the India distributor is below. You must get in touch with them first.

Preeti Trading Corporation
3, Shubhangini Building, 51, Milan Subway Road, Santacruz West,
Mumbai, Maharashtra
India
TEL: +919820644435, +912226108821, +912226108820
E-Mail: [email protected], [email protected]
PRO FX Tech Pvt Ltd
Dynamic House, 64, Church Street,
Bengaluru - 560001 INDIA
TEL: +91 80 65686722
E-Mail: [email protected]; [email protected]

You should follow the same for Polks too. But speakers generally suffer less from sporadic electronics failure than AVRs unless you blow the tweeter while doing high volume enthusiastic musical sessions too often. But even then the procedure of spare replacement is more of less similar as that of AVRs.

Hope you got what you came looking for. Happy Listening.
I am Very sorry for multiple threads , actually this is my first time here , please give me some time to understand the system.. And thank you for your guidance.. really appreciate it .Stay safe

That isn't much in this day and age. But, I guess we need to support our local B&M shops. Maybe we could go as a team and work out a better price :p
দাদা আমি অনেক চেষ্টা করলাম কিন্তু ১৫% এর বেশি ছাড় আর কেও দিচ্ছে না। আপনার জানা কেও দিলে জানাবেন । ধন্যবাদ। ☺️

That isn't much in this day and age. But, I guess we need to support our local B&M shops. Maybe we could go as a team and work out a better price :p
For same price or may be a little more, i prefer local/offline shops for buying audio products. Since most of the online AV sites provide warranty, but if you see their TnC, they will indirectly route you to offline shops to claim warranty. So, better to but from them, in that case, getting warranty is little easier.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back