Need suggestions to fill the speakers stands.

EswarReddy

Hi All,
I have nemisis speaker stands. Each stands have two pillars which have capability to fill. I need a suggestion which meterial is good to fill in those pillars. Some peoples suggest sand, just want to cross check, is there any other metrial to fill which can give better than sand?

Please guide or suggest me if any one tried with different meterial for filling and what benifit you got.

Sand with kitchen steel scrubbers in between at intervals.
This is what I was told by an audio expert.

Hi All,
I have nemisis speaker stands. Each stands have two pillars which have capability to fill. I need a suggestion which meterial is good to fill in those pillars. Some peoples suggest sand, just want to cross check, is there any other metrial to fill which can give better than sand?

Please guide or suggest me if any one tried with different material for filling and what benifit you got.
I have similar stands by sound foundation. I have filled all four pillars with aquarium sand, the one that is used at bottom of fish tanks. Max qty you will require is 5 to 7 kg's for all pillars. Even white river sand is good option. anything you use should be 100% dry otherwise it will rust pillars from inside. The benefit of filling the pillars, so there is no resonation of the sound while the speaker is in use and it also helps in minimizing vibrations that transfers to the floor etc. I am satisfied with what I have used. Nemesis does not require filling as it is very heavy but filling will be beneficial.

I have similar stands by sound foundation. I have filled all four pillars with aquarium sand, the one that is used at bottom of fish tanks. Max qty you will require is 5 to 7 kg's for all pillars. Even white river sand is good option. anything you use should be 100% dry otherwise it will rust pillars from inside. The benefit of filling the pillars, so there is no resonation of the sound while the speaker is in use and it also helps in minimizing vibrations that transfers to the floor etc. I am satisfied with what I have used. Nemesis does not require filling as it is very heavy but filling will be beneficial.
Do we need fill 100% or is there x% need to fill? Where did you buy aquarium sand?

Do we need fill 100% or is there x% need to fill? Where did you buy aquarium sand?
I had bought that in June 2022 from a local Pet Birds & Fish shop over here in Pune but the qty calculation I had given in my previous comment is wrong. The total qty bought is 25kg's, used approx 12 kg in filling all the pillars to full. Although I had checked few you tube videos and they say not to fill to full and leave around 20% space. The problem is when we start filling in nemesis stand due to small hole area it is not possible to see how much we are filling. You will also require a funnel of appropriate size to fit that hole. Look at some videos on you tube about filling method.

People usually fill them up full. And some fill them half. So maybe best to fill one stand full and one stand half. Then try to play a mono track through each speaker one at a time and see which you prefer.

As to the material, folks have used everything from rice, baking soda to aquarium sand. But best benefits are supposedly had by filling with "Atacama attabites", as they are supposedly designed to specifically eliminate ringing due to their composition and granular size. But I think any thing will work :)

may I suggest epoxy resin .
Increases the weight considerably compared to sand.
I've used it for different purpose, but I think it should work. Filling can be done incrementally for the resin to cure faster.

may I suggest epoxy resin .
Increases the weight considerably compared to sand.
I've used it for different purpose, but I think it should work. Filling can be done incrementally for the resin to cure faster.
Epoxy resin is liquid? I dont know, when i am searching online it show in bottle.

I filled it with M-sand, but I used a kitchen flour sifter to make it fine. and I don't have any issues; it worked perfectly. no vibration or rattling noises.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back