Need to buy a Soundbar under 30k

medianandha

Hi,

I have a Mi 55" TV. The purpose is mostly movies & music (70:30). Source of the media is Tata Sky HD, Netflix, Prime, and other Streaming Media.

I need a soundbar for the above requirements. Budget is 30k max. My shortlisted items are,

1.Polk Magnifi Mini / Polk Audio Command bar (It's Alexa feature is the plus. But not sure about the audio quality)
2.JBL 2.1 / SB 450
3.Yamaha Soundbar 207 / 108

Would like to know your inputs. I would be delighted to have a soundbar with Alexa's support. But not a must one.

And another main thing is, Do we need to pay any extra charges if we buy it from the U.S. For example Polk Magnifi mini comes just 50 % of Indian cost. Since it's very compact can we somehow manage to bring here without heavy charges? Any ideas guys?

Last edited:
Costly. Not sure whether it can fit into my budget.

Let me look at the feature to know whether it's worthy to extend the budget.

Polk Magnifi Mini is available in Lightning Deal on Amazon at 20K during the Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale. 2K more discount on top of it if one has SBI card. So you can end up owning one at 18K.

I have been owning one for the last 3 months. It is good enough for a decent size living room in terms of the output that it generates. Definitely livens up the movie watching experience multiple folds compared to watching it on just the TV or a standard Bluetooth speaker. Hard to believe the kind of output generated from this compact sized sound bar.

As far as music is concerned, if one is into music as a serious passion, I wouldn't recommend a sound bar though for that matter even a Bluetooth speaker. But this one serves the purpose for easy listening and you will definitely enjoy the bass produced by the wireless sub woofer.

One drawback that i have experienced so far is that the sound output is low to medium upto 80% of the volume control, and then suddenly it gets to Max output. Would have been good if the volume control had a linear increase for the sound output. This impacts mainly movies with a mix of dialogues and action, however for music it works very well at low to medium sound output too.

Thanks a lot. Your review is definitely helping me.

One drawback that i have experienced so far is that the sound output is low to medium upto 80% of the volume control, and then suddenly it gets to Max output. Would have been good if the volume control had a linear increase for the sound output. This impacts mainly movies with a mix of dialogues and action, however for music it works very well at low to medium sound output too.

Surely I won't like it. In fact I will feel irritated during this experience. My First choice was shattered:eek:.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back