Need to buy good speakers below 20K

connectrajeev

Dear All,

My name is Rajeev and I am from Hyderabad. I got to know about this group today while doing some Google search, and I really liked the post and the comments shared. So I decided to put up my question here instead of Google. I know, I can get the comments from the experts :) Please ignore my limited knowledge about the music systems and terminologies, I'll learn from you guys slowly.

So as stated above I not a music expert or can't judge the quality of the sound based on bass, amp and other parameters. I just want to buy a decent Music system for my home with following requirements :

0. I want to use this speaker for light music, filmy and gazhals. I don't like loud music, but I like the clarity of the sounds and love to enjoy the beats on low volume.

1. It should get connected to my LG 42'' TV over HDMI, or analog.

2. If Speakers has the in-built USB port, so that I can play the MP3 and other formats of the song without turning on my TV or laptop.

3. Prefer in-built FM player.

There are many models available at lower end from Philips & other companies but I couldn't get satisfied with the sound quality. Please suggest some better product with details.

Thanks,
-Rajeev

Hi,

Based on your budget and details, you would be looking for a Home Theatre in a Box (HTiB). The current model which is being hyped about with everything in one is the Sony IV 300.

HT-IV300 : Home Theatre Component System : Home Theatre System : Sony India

Some of our forum members are using the same and have positive experiences...my suggestion is simple...go and hear it yourself to make an informed decision. For the demo / audition, please carry your kind of music in a pendrive or a CD so that you will know how it sounds. At half volume a system should not sound distorted or jarring....

Ofcourse there are more better systems available in the market and that's the reason you need to go window shopping to all electronic stores including Home Theatre dealers and check all options available. Maybe if you stretch your budget a bit, you can get professional entry level 5.1 home theatre systems from Pioneer / Yamaha / Denon / Onkyo..which typically would start from 25k onwards....sky is the limit.....

All the best

Hi Rajeev,

if you use the system only for music then better go for stereo setup. and You didn't mention your budget.

Hello Nero9

My budget is around 20K as mentioned in the subject line. I can stretch it by another 5K if that can make really a difference in quality of the music. But as I mentioned in my primary usage is light music, it can be Hindi films, Ghazals, instrumentals etc.

I want interface to be simple, so that my mother can also listen some devotional music from USB in my absence.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back