Need to change my AVR

Oh okay. So by when should we start seeing a lot of 4k stuff said:
We are in post production for 2 movies currently slated for 4k Netflix streaming. cant give any more details. The movie industry will shift quickly to 4k simply because partly the 3d phenomena has fizzled out.
also a lot of shootings are currently done in 4k because most Digital professional camera's used are equipped for it. It actually gets used in VFX area's where they might have to do pan or scan to accommodate a given shot.Those scenes/shots are downgraded to 2k for final processing.
How soon mainstream cinema theaters pick it up is beyond my knowledge. But as streaming in 4k picks up, Blu-Ray disks will be sold with 4k resolution.
The laziest are Television stations but again the costs are huge for them to upgrade their entire pipeline.
In short, If you watch a lot of stuff on TV and don't have enough bandwidth for 4k streaming, it's pretty much just the up-scaling that you are going to get.

There is a lypsync delay setting in my Yamaha rx v477. never had to use it though.may be your version of Yamaha has it too.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back