Need to choose a 2.1 speaker system

tejas123

Hi,

I need a 2.1 speaker system which i will be using equally for music and movies, also plan to connect the speakers to my pc. My budget is ~20k. I am not sure whether to buy a receiver or not. If yes, which is the best possible combo ?

Thanks

Hi tejas,welcome to the forum,have a long stay here.
Speaking of a good 2.1 system,you can go for the klipsch 2.1 models which is widely available here,the entry level model in klipsch will cost you around 10 or 11k i guess.
You can also go for the Altect lansing 2.1 models,which are also THX certified.
They all give you good performance when it comes to music,with precision and clarity in sound.
So i would recommend you to audition these brands.you also have a pretty decent budget for a computer speaker system,which is mentioned above.
But when it comes to a Stereo system,which has an AMP,CDP and speakers,you are in a tight budget.
Lot of the forum members here,recommend the CA azur(cambridge audio)amp and a pair of good bookshelves for a stereo setup,which will cost like 25 approx overall.
In this case you need to slightly stretch your budget.
If you have a goof PC with a decent sound card you can go for the first option,or plan for the second option.

HaveFun
Vj

Hi tejas,welcome to the forum,have a long stay here.
Speaking of a good 2.1 system,you can go for the klipsch 2.1 models which is widely available here,the entry level model in klipsch will cost you around 10 or 11k i guess.
You can also go for the Altect lansing 2.1 models,which are also THX certified.
They all give you good performance when it comes to music,with precision and clarity in sound.
So i would recommend you to audition these brands.you also have a pretty decent budget for a computer speaker system,which is mentioned above.
But when it comes to a Stereo system,which has an AMP,CDP and speakers,you are in a tight budget.
Lot of the forum members here,recommend the CA azur(cambridge audio)amp and a pair of good bookshelves for a stereo setup,which will cost like 25 approx overall.
In this case you need to slightly stretch your budget.
If you have a goof PC with a decent sound card you can go for the first option,or plan for the second option.

HaveFun
Vj

Thanks for the help, for 25k which bookshelves would you recommend with the CA azur amp. Also how much difference does the amp make to your speakers, pretty new to this...

Again u have a widerange of bookshelve speakers to choose from,like Klipsch,wharfedale diamonds,polkaudio,kef etc.A decent bookshelve speaker from one of these brands will cost u like 12k approx a pair,which will give u good performance too.The Amp will drive these speakers well,particularly CA amps are well known for Stereo music.This will make a drastic difference when setup the right way,you can setup the bookshelves in stands made for them.
This will let u have a better sound stage,than ur computer HT setup.
Computer speaker setups are more very close personal listening experience,where as the other one is more of a richer,broader,cinema like experience.
Hope u get the point.

Vj

Again u have a widerange of bookshelve speakers to choose from,like Klipsch,wharfedale diamonds,polkaudio,kef etc.A decent bookshelve speaker from one of these brands will cost u like 12k approx a pair,which will give u good performance too.The Amp will drive these speakers well,particularly CA amps are well known for Stereo music.This will make a drastic difference when setup the right way,you can setup the bookshelves in stands made for them.
This will let u have a better sound stage,than ur computer HT setup.
Computer speaker setups are more very close personal listening experience,where as the other one is more of a richer,broader,cinema like experience.
Hope u get the point.

Vj

Yea got it. Any idea how much does the CA Amp cost ? Also which are the best speakers from the above to couple with that.....

As you must be aware, indina prices for similar quality components vary wildely with US/UK prices.

From my research the best VFM speakers are Cambridge Audio S30, which, going by posts in this forum can be had for as low as 7-8k.

Whathifi endorsed them as top entry level speakers -
Cambridge Audio S30 speaker review Hi-fi speaker review - from the experts at whathifi.com

If I were in your situation I'd go for the CA SA30 + A Norge Amplifier

Should set you back about 15-20K depending upon choice of Norge Amp

You could also look at Cambridge Audio S70 floorstanding speakers, I think you can get them for 15k

Happy Hunting!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back