Need to decide between Denon AVR x550BT and Denon Avrx1400H 7.2

rush2samy

I need to decide between Denon Avrx1400H 7.2 and Denon AVR x550BT. I am not planning to use Atmos feature as of now, so my question is it worth to invest extra money in 7.2 channel speaker considering not much future upgrade is required by me. What else is offered in Denon Avrx1400H 7.2.

I need to decide between Denon Avrx1400H 7.2 and Denon AVR x550BT. I am not planning to use Atmos feature as of now, so my question is it worth to invest extra money in 7.2 channel speaker considering not much future upgrade is required by me. What else is offered in Denon Avrx1400H 7.2.
If you have the budget please go for the 1400. Even though you don't require atmos it is a very good AVR for 5.1 use as well. Go to the denon official site and do side by side comparisons

x1400 (current model x1500) is having more power and better quality sound as compared to x550. What are your speakers and sub going to be? Some kind of ratio in budget needs to be maintained between speakers and AVR, to get the most out of available resources.

I am not planning to use Atmos feature as of now, so my question is it worth to invest extra money in 7.2 channel speaker considering not much future upgrade is required by me.

Good to have Atmos capable AVR.. You never know about the upgrade bug :p .. Get it if you can.. You can add speakers anytime..

What else is offered in Denon Avrx1400H 7.2.

Audyssey room calibration and Multi EQ XT room correction over the 550BT..

Compare the specs side by side and you will see the noticeable differences......also....you can use the extra 2 channels as Front Surrounds or Front B or Bi AMP power if you have hungry Floor Standing speakers.....

What are the speakers you have or intend to purchase to pair with the Denon? Denon is more into movies than music from a playback perspective ....if you are more into music than movies, then look at Marantz....

If the ration is 50:50 then Yamaha or Pioneer would suit better.

Thanks all for the feedback. I guess Its better to go with x1400 only since it's evident that it will be worth in longer run. As I can see I can add speakers any time.

If you can afford it, go for the highest spec AVR you can. The reasoning is that obviously the value will go down but atleast the more connectivity helps in the future.

With a higher spec AVR comes better power supply, more quality parts like capacitors, ICs, Made in Japan badge, better shielding, programmable remote, more connectivity in terms analogue outs for expansion, more decoding abilities etc. The list goes on.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back