Needed help for old & new TV

frosts

Hi,

I had bought 40 inch Sony EX430 around 3 years back. Now the issue is the Screen display is not working properly and its showing blue lines in the screen. Everything else works fine.

I called the Sony guy for repair. They told me the new panel will cost 20k. I negotiated and finally they agreed on 18k. Few weeks went and then they told me that the part is not available in India and has to be imported. I said okay but I want the part. But now I got the email from them that they can't arrange the part as its not available anywhere.

They are giving me an offer which is really worse. They told that if you buy new TV from us then we will give u 25% discount. Also I have to return the old faulty TV.

Wanted ur suggestions. What should I do. Really confused.

Hi

IMHO the old bulky TVs were better as they could easily last for a decade! The TVs you get today which are LEDs or LCDs are short lived...their typical shelf life is around 3-5 years....you will be lucky if it goes beyond 7 years.....

There are a lot of brands available and stiff competition.....you need to see which TV brand appeals to you in terms of looks, performance, video / audio etc and ofcourse budget...

Drop into an electronic store like Vijay Sales, Reliance, Croma etc and see a few TVs and check the performance.....See what features you would like in the TV...most importantly...check Warranty options available....then the next thing to do is contact your local Electronic dealer in your area who would be a small time dealer and possibly he may give you the TV model you selected more cheaper with the same warranty.....This is what I did.....happy with the Toshiba I have......

All the best

Hi

IMHO the old bulky TVs were better as they could easily last for a decade! The TVs you get today which are LEDs or LCDs are short lived...their typical shelf life is around 3-5 years....you will be lucky if it goes beyond 7 years.....

There are a lot of brands available and stiff competition.....you need to see which TV brand appeals to you in terms of looks, performance, video / audio etc and ofcourse budget...

Drop into an electronic store like Vijay Sales, Reliance, Croma etc and see a few TVs and check the performance.....See what features you would like in the TV...most importantly...check Warranty options available....then the next thing to do is contact your local Electronic dealer in your area who would be a small time dealer and possibly he may give you the TV model you selected more cheaper with the same warranty.....This is what I did.....happy with the Toshiba I have......

All the best

Okay, but what you think on this. The new Sony TV will cost 60k and in that I have to pay 45k. So the value they are giving for Sony 40 inch EX430 is 15K.

What I was thinking is if I sell my EX430 on OLX/Quickr will it give me 15K ?

Lol, I've a precisely similar story, except the discount I was offered was 40%. Sony is not more the brand it was before, so I did not fall into their vicious trap to buy into their worthless brand again. I went for VU and am very happy with my purchase.

Lol, I've a precisely similar story, except the discount I was offered was 40%. Sony is not more the brand it was before, so I did not fall into their vicious trap to buy into their worthless brand again. I went for VU and am very happy with my purchase.
Which VU Model. Are these new 4K VU Models good ?

Did you have 1 yr warranty (or) 3 yrs warranty on your Sony Bravia EX430...

It is not only with Sony, every brand have had this issue from what i have seem in the recent threads/posts in this forum....

If you are to pay 45K for a new TV, consider VU 55inch model in flipkart for around the same price... Make sure you get 2 yrs extended warranty, which will give you 3 yrs total coverage...

Did you have 1 yr warranty (or) 3 yrs warranty on your Sony Bravia EX430...

It is not only with Sony, every brand have had this issue from what i have seem in the recent threads/posts in this forum....

If you are to pay 45K for a new TV, consider VU 55inch model in flipkart for around the same price... Make sure you get 2 yrs extended warranty, which will give you 3 yrs total coverage...
I have only 1 yr warranty. So now the TV is not in warranty. Due to space issues, upto 42 inch TV I can take.

VU nd Micromax are these brands good. Like will they work for 5 yrs atleast? I was planning to go for Samsung or LG.

I have only 1 yr warranty. So now the TV is not in warranty. Due to space issues, upto 42 inch TV I can take.

VU nd Micromax are these brands good. Like will they work for 5 yrs atleast? I was planning to go for Samsung or LG.

Probably if you had a 3 yr warranty, Sony would have given you a replacement TV (or) would have offered you a good discount....

VU has been around for few years, Micromax is new to market... If i were to pick between the two brands, i would choose VU as they offer additioanal (optional) 2 yr warranty whereas Micromax offers only 1 yr std warranty... Juz in case something goes wrong in 3 yrs am saved... Beyond that it is sheer luck...

Even if you were to buy Samsung/LG, make sure you get 2 yrs warranty....

BTW i have a Sony Bravia 46 inch model, bought additional 2 yrs warranty, expires by Dec 2015.. Am juz pinning my hopes if @ all something goes wrong with my TV, let it happen in warranty period itself as i would get a replacement model (or) good depreciated offer from Sony :eek:hyeah:

Hi Frosts,

Try to get the TV repaired by some local service centre and then immediately sell it on OLX in working condition. Then go for some new tv.

Regards
Gurpreet

Well, Everything got sorted now. I paid 18k, they took old TV (Sony 40EX430) and gave me new TV (Sony 40R562C).

Had to fight on all levels, had put pressure of consumer court. Finally effort gave fruits :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back