New 5.1 set up for pioneer vsx lx51

karansfi

Hi Everyone,
recently bought a pioneer vsx lx51 receiver, planning to buy 5.1 speakers (70 80k budget) was looking at the bose acoustimass 15 series. Kindly suggest...

hi karan
you made a good choice going for the pioneer lx 51. i feel you should not spoil the setup buying a bose. at 80k budget you will have sufficient options. you may purchase the polk audio tsi series setup with floorstanding fronts , this will be around 60k. also the kef iq5 setup, wharfedales will fit around this budget

How much for this receiver did you pay? What all did you compare it with?

regards

Hi Everyone,
recently bought a pioneer vsx lx51 receiver, planning to buy 5.1 speakers (70 80k budget) was looking at the bose acoustimass 15 series. Kindly suggest...

hi karan
you made a good choice going for the pioneer lx 51. i feel you should not spoil the setup buying a bose. at 80k budget you will have sufficient options. you may purchase the polk audio tsi series setup with floorstanding fronts , this will be around 60k. also the kef iq5 setup, wharfedales will fit around this budget
Thanks a lot man, but are the bose really so bad?? The entire set up is in my bedroom and I wanted to avoid floorstanders.

How much for this receiver did you pay? What all did you compare it with?

regards
To be honest, i went for the pioneer as I'm extremely happy with their other gear that i've been using. I have a year and a half old 50'' PDP 507XG which is far better than most of the full hd tv's available as on date. Plus I have a lx51 blu ray player and a ps3 and watching the same bluray on both tells you that the pio is better (though marginal). I've used a denon so far and also heard the 2309. In my opinion it had better bass (again marginal) compared to the vsx lx51, but my speaker set up (JBL SCS 10) is way behind my other gear and changing it will definitely solve the problem. On the whole for movies and music, the pio was better. Also, it has ipod connectivity, though my iphone is not working as of now. But i'm sure a software update will solve the problem shortly. Priced around 60k.
Regards.

hi karan,
if you really want satellites, bose may be a choice. you may also consider the infinity modulus system at around 60k, they are good. another option is the jbl cinesystem 680 at around 50k.

KEF also has an award winning (what hifi) small sexy speakers 5.1 package. I think you want to wall mount all your speakers?
For bass you need a good sub. B&W has a very sexy looking sub, one that you would like to show off.

Hi Everyone,

If you want to turn your money to crap, bose the way to go. They are big on marketing and low on sound quality. Also have you ever seen a dealer compare bose to other brands during an audition? The 2 things they are big on are price and wife acceptance factor.

You have ton's of speaker choices esp. bookshelves since you don't want floor standers.

B&W
Monitor Audio
Polk
Morduant
Jamo
Klipsch
Tannoy
Usher
Kef
Energy

All of them outperform Bose at the price point. (yup I am putting my head on the line but I can safely defend from Bose lovers).

hi karan,
if you really want satellites, bose may be a choice. you may also consider the infinity modulus system at around 60k, they are good. another option is the jbl cinesystem 680 at around 50k.

Cool, who can i contact for the infinity in delhi???

KEF also has an award winning (what hifi) small sexy speakers 5.1 package. I think you want to wall mount all your speakers?
For bass you need a good sub. B&W has a very sexy looking sub, one that you would like to show off.
Thanks, any info on delhi dealer??

For infinity (I liked the wall mounted speakers for their looks and sound).They should be available at any JBL showroom.
There is one at Yusuf Sarai, another at CR park.

For B&W (I think but not sure) they have bookshelves and not exactly wall mountables. Their showroom is in City select walk mall in Saket.

Guess I might be real late on this one but Sahil has a HK/JBL/Infinity outlet at MGF Mall Gurgaon. You could check them out.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back