New 5.1 Setup suggestions - Budget 1 lakh

Ghostrider

Hi All,

Need suggestion of new setup for my cousin, as I have been PSB and SVS user since long, we did visited lakozy but seeing the new pricing price is beyond budget.

Cousin putting more money in TV with either 65inch Sony or 79inch LG

For audio we have current yamaha setup which will be disposed due to lack of options in AVR as per connections available in devices.

For AVR, Speakers & woofer need suggestions with budget around 1 lakh and can be stretched some what if needed

Kindly share suggestions ...

Cheers..

If you want a floorstander based system, this is the only one which fits your budget
Pioneer Andrew Jones AJ-5235XT 5.1 Channel Speaker Package

If you have a smaller room (doubt that, given the size of the TV), you can look at a Boston Acoustics A 26 bookshelves based 5.1. I It is out of stock on hifimart, but MZ Audio in Bandra is the official distributor, so they would be able to source some stock soon

Any other speakers will exceed your budget if you go for full 5.1 + AVR together

Hi,

What if i keep my existing avr Yamaha RX-V359 so i have fill budget of 1Lk for speakers, i checked with MZ but they dont have any thing much in stock of A series almost all out of stock, but plan to visit them tomorrow.

any other suggesstions with increase in budget by additional 20-30k

Thanks

There is a pair of Boston floorstanders for sale on hfv.

You could try the pre owned route for speakers to save costs.

Did some forum search and finally decided to go for 2.1 + AVR and always can add surrounds and centre later, as my hall is big enough i need atleast 130W speakers

below are my choice as per my budget

KEF Q500 or PolkTsx550T /RTiA7
SVS Sub PB1000/2000
Denon X1000

Can anyone suggest where can i audition KEF / POLK in Mumbai suburbs

Cheers..

KEF/Polk are carried by ProFX . They have 3-4 showrooms around Mumbai.

But if you are going with 2.1, can't help but recommend Dali Zensor 5
Boomerang in Borivali and The Den in World are dealers. They are around 55k for 2.0, but a cut above the rest in their price band
Tannoy Mercury V4i is the other well rated floorstander around the 50k mark, but I am not sure who carries Tannoy in Mumbai

Hi All,

Need suggestion of new setup for my cousin, as I have been PSB and SVS user since long, we did visited lakozy but seeing the new pricing price is beyond budget.

Cousin putting more money in TV with either 65inch Sony or 79inch LG

For audio we have current yamaha setup which will be disposed due to lack of options in AVR as per connections available in devices.

For AVR, Speakers & woofer need suggestions with budget around 1 lakh and can be stretched some what if needed

Kindly share suggestions ...

Cheers..
I suggest you don't go with the polk speakers,i have used them for a week and while it's good the detail is just average,you should look at the used market for speakers.Couple of days ago i got a monitor audio m2 barely used for 9000 which is amazing deal.If you want new only get the q accoustics 5.1 they are highly rated by what hifi,however wharfadale diamond 220 seems to be the best sounding speaker under 30000 right now.You can build a 5.1 speaker system with them.
wharfedale diamond 220 front and rear-46000
matching sub-20k
yamaha rx v377-30000
wharfedale diamond 220c

Last edited:
I suggest you don't go with the polk speakers,i have used them for a week and while it's good the detail is just average,you should look at the used market for speakers.Couple of days ago i got a monitor audio m2 barely used for 9000 which is amazing deal.If you want new only get the q accoustics 5.1 they are highly rated by what hifi,however wharfadale diamond 220 seems to be the best sounding speaker under 30000 right now.You can build a 5.1 speaker system with them.
wharfedale diamond 220 front and rear-46000
matching sub-20k
yamaha rx v377-30000
wharfedale diamond 220c

Hi...

I have fixed the sub which is SB/PB1000 so need only 5.1 setup, I did checked QA but as I said I don't want woofer so will check for Diamond 220

AVR I might go with Denon X1000 or Yamaha 577

Hi...

I have fixed the sub which is SB/PB1000 so need only 5.1 setup, I did checked QA but as I said I don't want woofer so will check for Diamond 220

AVR I might go with Denon X1000 or Yamaha 577
I suggest you look at Marantz nr 1504,they don't take much space and sounds like a champ.They have a no bs policy that have made me their fan.They have only 50 wpc channel,if you have used marantz amplifier before you will know that wpc rating means nothing.

Wharfedale Diamond 220 are overbooked due to good report by what hifi and are not readily available as per distributor in Mumbai.
I am also in same boat as you. Only i dont want floorstanders. Currently going for centre and sub. Have you auditioned SVS and any other sub. I am also thinking about SVS pb/sb 1000 but they cost 45k. Wharfedale SW150 is 32k with 10 inch driver but lowest frequency is 35hz while SVS is 25hz. I have not auditioned any of above due to lack of time

Wharfedale Diamond 220 are overbooked due to good report by what hifi and are not readily available as per distributor in Mumbai.
I am also in same boat as you. Only i dont want floorstanders. Currently going for centre and sub. Have you auditioned SVS and any other sub. I am also thinking about SVS pb/sb 1000 but they cost 45k. Wharfedale SW150 is 32k with 10 inch driver but lowest frequency is 35hz while SVS is 25hz. I have not auditioned any of above due to lack of time
try hifimart

Have auditioned SVS yesterday at 4 Alliance in Goregaon west - Mumbai,
It's a perfect sub and I am already using PB12 NSD from past 2 yrs and am really happy so gonna go with SB/PB1000 for my cousin for whom am hunting all.....infact SVS speakers too are awesome got chance to have a look at SVS FS yesterday but that start from 80k approx hence over my budget..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back