New 7 channel speaker build

vinnybhaskar

Hello Everyone,

Sharing initial photos for a 7 channel speaker build that's currently underway for a customer. The photos are of the floorstander (2 of these) and Surround/Center (5 of these). The cabinets now have been lined with damping material, though I did not get a chance to grab the photos with it.

These are sealed designs with good amount of internal bracing. I'll be sharing the final photos once the build completes. Feel free to share your thoughts.

- Vinny

Attachments

• floorstander.jpg
    floorstander.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 154
  • surround_and_center.jpg
    surround_and_center.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 153
very well done vinnybhaskar,what drivers are you using,is it 1inch MDF,did you do
the dado for joining bracing.

thanks
rajesh

It's 3/4 inch (18mm) MDF. The veneer would be another 3mm. The drivers are the Kevlar cone 6.5" Mid Woofer and Silk dome tweeters from Peerless.

It's not a dado. The braces are joined using cross-sectional interlocking joint. I'm not sure what exactly this type of joint is called.

Looks great, But I don't understand the second picture. How will the drivers be placed?

Vinod,

In the 2nd photo, the middle section in the top row would house the Tweeter. The middle section of the bottom row houses the 6.5" Mid Woofer. It looks weird the way it is in the photo above. However, the completed box with the front baffle looks pretty darn good.

The Tweeter essentially is sitting inside of a dedicated housing. This wasn't intentional, but rather was done to maintain the external box dimensions while at the same time reducing the internal box volumes available to the 6.5" driver. Hope that makes sense.

Vinod,

In the 2nd photo, the middle section in the top row would house the Tweeter. The middle section of the bottom row houses the 6.5" Mid Woofer. It looks weird the way it is in the photo above. However, the completed box with the front baffle looks pretty darn good.

The Tweeter essentially is sitting inside of a dedicated housing. This wasn't intentional, but rather was done to maintain the external box dimensions while at the same time reducing the internal box volumes available to the 6.5" driver. Hope that makes sense.

Makes sense now. What a build!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back