New acquisition- EMT 927

Technics SP10 is one of the best machines made. It's build quality is legendary and the torque on the platter is unparalleled. The only downside is it is just a platter unit and not a package like an EMT, which has a plinth, tonearm, phono preamp all built-in.
SP10 Mk 2 and 3 also came with obsidian plinth from the factory. I've seen, but not heard, a Mk 2 with obsidian plinth. It had an SME 3009 arm mounted.

SP10 Mk 2 and 3 also came with obsidian plinth from the factory. I've seen, but not heard, a Mk 2 with obsidian plinth. It had an SME 3009 arm mounted.
Joshua,
With the obsidian plinth, SP10 Mk2 also brought the legendary Technics EPA100 tonearm. But this setup of obsidian plinth + motor + EPA100 was probably limited edition promotional thing and was not standard supply to the Radio Stations.

Regards

Hi Anilva. Congratulations.

Just curious to know, how do you grade Technics SP10, another legendary TT, with all EMTs you possess. I'm a Technics fan and interested to know.

Thanks,
Sourav
I have some extrapolated insights on this topic. Will write it down after office today.

It has a 155st. 139 phono will cost additional 4000 euro when available.
The turn table you have is the only one belt drive EMT made.May be I am wrong but one of my friends using direct drive of EMT.It is very good turn table.Recently I got got sp15 Technics but my belt drive Priject classic one beats my sp15.I also compare sp10 and Linn sundeck.I think belt drive turn table gives little dense back ground of listening over direct drive.I need the opinion of yours in this regards.
Thanks

It has a 155st. 139 phono will cost additional 4000 euro when available.
It has a 155st. 139 phono will cost additional 4000
hhas a 155st. 139 phono will cost additional 4000 euro when available.

available.
Hi !
I want to correct my information. It is 928 which is belt drive of EMT .

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back