New acquisitions: Sansui AU-666 and Hitachi HA-330

peace_sells

So, I've started my stereo setup pt.2 with these two vintage amps: Sansui AU-666 and Hitachi HA-330. The 666 is a well known Sansui amp from the late 60s/early 70s, but the Hitachi one was more of a blind buy (since it was available for quite a low price). The Hitachi sounds extremely impressive to say the least! Will share more detailed impressions once I add the remaining parts to my setup. Next stop: a nice Denon vintage turntable (looking for a manual DP 50/55/57/59/60; hope I find one by sometime next month).

Any suggestions for vintage speakers to pair with these amps? Inputs would be most welcome.

Hitachi1.jpgHitachi2.jpgSansui1.jpgSansui2.jpg

So, I've started my stereo setup pt.2 with these two vintage amps: Sansui AU-666 and Hitachi HA-330. The 666 is a well known Sansui amp from the late 60s/early 70s, but the Hitachi one was more of a blind buy (since it was available for quite a low price). The Hitachi sounds extremely impressive to say the least! Will share more detailed impressions once I add the remaining parts to my setup. Next stop: a nice Denon vintage turntable (looking for a manual DP 50/55/57/59/60; hope I find one by sometime next month).

Any suggestions for vintage speakers to pair with these amps? Inputs would be most welcome.

View attachment 45243View attachment 45244View attachment 45245View attachment 45246
Where did you buy them from?

View attachment 45243View attachment 45244View attachment 45245View attachment 45246
Congratulations , nice amplifier , looking superb , you use vintage speaker or latest version speaker brother ???

And now I have a turntable. Denon DP-55L

Denon TT_1.jpgDenon TT_2.jpg

Bought this a few days ago. It's not yet set completely (as you can see, the cartridge has been fixed with some jugaad for the time being :p). Also, it is not able to maintain the correct speed (I knew this problem at the time of purchasing). It runs constantly slow (both at 33 and 45). I'm trying to get this fixed at the moment. Any suggestions from anyone on how to tackle this? Would be much appreciated!

I was able to get the speed problem fixed. The speed potentiometers just needed some cleaning and adjustment with the resistances. Now it works fine!

Vintage speakers in good and unrepaired condition is rare to find. Those speakers being highly sensitive are easy to drive. But those consume more space and cosmetically wont match with vintage amps.

Vintage speakers in good and unrepaired condition is rare to find. Those speakers being highly sensitive are easy to drive. But those consume more space and cosmetically wont match with vintage amps.
He lives in Japan and he will be able to get excellent audio equipment there. @peace_sells maybe you want to try the JBL L100, JBL 112 with these Sansui amps.

How much did you pay for vinyl player buddy?
It was quite reasonable actually. Much lesser than the budget I'd reserved for a TT (and I'd reserved around 20-25k..so you get the idea ;)). But then there were problems with this piece. Speed was slow, there were no legs, it was dirty as hell, torearm was not aligned properly. But yeah the seller told me all these things before selling. So it wasn't like I was cheated.

At the moment, I'm listening to this setup with my monitor headphones. But I'll look for a speaker after sometime. Thanks for the suggestions.

@peace_sells have you tried getting in touch with Ken Uesegi of ottomon labs? He has a load of vintage stuff for sale (plus he builds great amps)
This is the first time I'm hearing about Ottomon labs. Thanks for the info.

There seems to a website (soundgate.net). At first glance, all the items that he has are quite high end to say the least. Way out of my budget :D Anyway, I'll try to find out more. Thanks again.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back