New Bollywood LPs

Dr.Bass

Friends, recently I have been listening to some new bollywood LP releases like Maachis, Kuch kuch hota hai, Jodha akbar and I am quite stunned by the quality of these vinyls. I have the CDs and I expected the vinyls to be at most as good as the CDs because after all the vinyls were made as an after thought. The amount of effort put into their mastering is not expected to be much. However, it was a pleasant surprise, these vinyls not only crush the CDs but they actually play like reference quality stuff:licklips:. They are very high resolution and just equally musical and it clearly seems that the mastering engineer was not casual at all. Most of these good vinyls seems to be coming from Sony music and Music India.

At the same time there are also some poor examples of bollywood vinyls being release by sa re ga ma (RPG). Even very musical albums like DDLJ sounds like just a high bit rate mp3 on these records. What have they done ?:mad:

Which other albums (new titles) are worth buying, any suggestions ?

I agree Dr. Bass. Few of these things that I listened on your system were stunning. Very high quality recording and they do not seem to be 180 grams or anything like that.

What is sad is that many of the Saregama releases seem to proudly announce that they are "Digitally Remastered". End of story.

Cheers

If i'm not mistaken a lot of the new Bollywood LPs are pressed (and possibly mastered for vinyl) at Pallas in Germany, which why the quality of the pressings are good. I could be mistaken about them pressed at Pallas specifically, but I'm pretty sure they are pressed somewhere in Europe.

Same experience for me Dr.Bass. Vinyls of Bollywood soundtracks by Sony Music are excellent. I was pleasantly surprised with the sound quality !!! However, the same cannot be said of the Sa Re Gama LP's. They are atrocious to say the least

"Guru" seems to be missing from your list. Excellent recording and great songs. Let me know what you think of the first track on Side 2

Cheers

I have been listening to "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" "DDLJ" "DTPH" and "1942-A Love Story". I found the recordings to be good and class apart from the CDs. I have original CDs of these too.

If i'm not mistaken a lot of the new Bollywood LPs are pressed (and possibly mastered for vinyl) at Pallas in Germany, which why the quality of the pressings are good. I could be mistaken about them pressed at Pallas specifically, but I'm pretty sure they are pressed somewhere in Europe.

Yes, anyway the Vinyl pressing factory are very limited nowadays and Europe would have the bulk of it. However, the quality of mastering of these bollywood LPs seems to be very good.

I have ordered Guru LP. How good is 3Idiots ?

T Series Lp's are HORRIBLE !!!!! Have tried 3 Idiots and Tare Zameen par.. !!!!

You can make out the CHEAP make of these titles.

Last edited:
From the New Vinyls i have i love the below Lp's

An Era with Asha - Superb Pressing, amazing clarity
Marasim - Awesome vocal experience
Parwaaz - another fantastic Recording - However not properly edited
1942 a love story - very musical and warm sounding
Rang de basanti : super crisp
Rockstar: very professionally crafted , amazing sound stage, i love the song kunfaya, katiya karu, naadan parinde, sada huk
Guru : superb quality pressing

so i think almost all the new releases were good apart from few .. which luckily i did nor purchase :yahoo:

How these Sony LPs can be acquired?

A) Flipkart Zindabad

Regards

Tanoj

lagaan is pretty good as well, sounds tad better than jodha akbar. trasional dhol and cymbals sounds just amazing. i wish swades would've been available too, but it guess it wasn't released on Lp...

i see you have ordered guru, which is great. you may want to get rockstar & rang de basanti

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back