New Classifieds website from Hifivision!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santy

Hey guys
I hope you might have noticed that there is a new website dedicated for classifieds ads (audio/ video pre-owned gear).

HiFiADS.com India's Audio & Video Pre-Owned Classified Ads Website

I guess we must welcome this move from the Supermod since it extends the horizon when it comes to buying / selling used hifi gear. I believe we will soon see more buyers and sellers. Right now there are many restrictions imposed for posting a sale thread. Non-members cannot sell anything and new comers cannot contact the seller.

Advantages of this system:
-Prospective buyers who are existing members get a priority to buy an item.
-People who wish to sell some stuff do not register only for selling purpose.

Disadvantages:
-If there are no takers, then we will find it difficult to dispose the item. We have to keep dropping the price below a reasonable limit to make way for a quick sale.
-Many people out there who wish to sell some nice gear but they have little interest to register and discuss topics like we do, resort to other options like quickr or olx.
-Many buyers and sellers keep contacting the owners asking about an item available for sale

From seller's point of view this is a good move since you can sell it off quickly and may be you could command a higher price also, when there are many takers. We as a buyer also can benefit since you will find more people posting their gear for sale, including dealers (they have been struggling to dispose of their used gear). They have some interesting / exotic/ VFM used products which they are unable to sell.

I personally believe this is a win-win situation for buyers and sellers we will find more buzz on this website shortly.

Ofcourse, one should exercise caution while buying since now anyone can post an ad. It is always best to visit the seller, carefully audition the item and then buy.

I liked a few things about this new website.

-You can add your HFV handle while you post an ad so that the FMs can recognize you and thus your credibility on the forum also helps in the sale. If you find a HFV handle, it is advisable to contact the seller through PM on our forum (this way you can verify if any seller is using fake identity of an HFVner).

-Adding a mobile no. is optional and it can be done within the description. This will help in getting responses faster. Otherwise, the prospective buyer would contact you through email, through the site.
If you mention your exact location, the google map shows the same which will help the buyer to locate you. You save time on giving directions.

-Sale is moderated here as well to maintain the quality and atleast one photo is must to get it approved. The photo is much bigger than what we see on our forum as attachment.

-The seller can delete the ad, pause the ad, mark it as sold or extend the duration of the ad (default 30 days).

- It is very easy to post an item for sale. It asks for specific fields making all ads pretty uniform, unlike in existing classifieds where many necessary details are missed out.

- Categories are nicely classified unlike our existing one where all products are dumped in a single basket.

-Above all, the design is much better and it also loads very fast.

Good move by Hifivision.

I thought they'd simply migrate/copy all existing users to the new site to save the registration efforts. :D

there should be a category for media players under digital sources...my 2 cents

Supermod, thanks for introducing new classified website..

I have posted my first ad for selling bipolar surround speakers under bookshelf. If you could introduce a ""surround speaker"" category it would be great.

As we all know not all surround speakers are bookshelf.

I have posted my first ad for selling bipolar surround speakers under bookshelf. If you could introduce a ""surround speaker"" category it would be great.

Centre, surrounds and 5.1 packages can be put under the sub-category "HT-specific".

Dont you think the same login credentials for Hifivision should be allowed to work on HiFi ads as well. I should not have to re create the account again there. I dont know, it only seems logical to me ....

A better broader division would be HT Speakers, where bipolar or any other type of surround speakers can be advertised.

Keeping the divisions generally broad has easier ramifications when the site matures.

Just my opinion.

Vinod

I second Sam. It wud have been better if we could use our existing login thereby we don't have create a separate user I'd and mention hifivision handle.

Nevertheless it's a good initiative which helps a lot of us

I saw notification around 2 days back.It will be a good dedicated site for Hifi sale.
Congrats.

I was told that the two sites run on different servers and the new site has a totally different database which made that integration a bit difficult. Ofcourse I agree nothing is impossible in IT. Well, I am not sure.

Password cookie sharing between 2 servers are a bit tricky. In addition template and authentication methods used in both sites are different.

Only way to harmonize login is to use facebook, open id like 3rd party authentication plugins for both sites.

Digital Media is not permitted there too ?
:sad:

Apart from the classification how does it differ from the classifieds here ? Are there any different rules? Can the ad be posted without registration? What if someone new registers there using a username being used by some else here in the forum?

'Projectors' needs to be added.

Last edited:
There are a lot of differences. You will know once you start using it.
Some of the differences I already summarized in the first post.
Rules are relaxed... that's one of the primary objectives.
It is no more constricted within a forum. Its a standalone website.

Registration is needed on HFA. It is a simple process I believe. If there is no registration, how will we manage our ads (delete/ edit etc)

I think we must not go by HFA username. Nobody will conclude it is from me, if they see a listing on say quikr with my username. For non HFV members, it makes no difference anyway. As I suggested earlier, we must see what they have updated as HFV handle and then send PM on our forum if we are concerned about the authenticity. If they have used fake handle, they will not receive your communication and FM who received your PM might also alert you..

Yes, Projector section has been missed out!

This ends up being a lot like Quikr / Olx etc but dedicated for AV. I guess one will need to be as careful as those sites while buying / selling on HiFiads. There is some amount of trust while buying / selling on the forum, which will be missing there. The advantage is easier rules and a potentially larger audience

Yes, I agree with jai1611, there is a trust factor when we buy or sell here, I can be sure that I can trust forum members here. Can't say the same for the new ad site or other similar buy and sell sites.
Atleast there is a way to identify hifivision members from each ad in the hifiads.com, that is definitely helpful and thanks to whoever thought of putting it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back