New Design, SE 6005 Directly Coupled Audio Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
SECOND : I wrote a HFV post to Yogibear, where I severely criticized and publicly belittled him.

In retrospect, this was not the correct venue, to have that discussion. I should have expressed myself PRIVATELY to Yogibear, and I had two ways of doing so. A big mistake on my part.... that I regret. We as humans make mistakes....... sometimes.

Upon thinking this over, I have since written to Yogibear privately, and have told him " I was sorry " for doing that in a public manner, and asked for his forgiveness.
that indeed is admirable and admitting what you have written shows your large heart.

I certainly will continue with my " somewhat-unique " audio work, and hope to contribute here on a upbeat and positive basis, into the future ! The Moderators were very fair to me, and it was appreciated.

That is so heartening to hear that the moderators have been very fair and in the interest of DIY, I personally believe they have done the right thing.

I have two new, seemingly worthwhile DIY design and build projects " in mind " for 2022 :

(1) a lovely DCed 12AX7 tube type passively EQed PHONO stage, and optional- use line stage, for analogue fans

(2) and a new " triple " 6005 tube ( SE Parallel, DC ) amplifier , in a monoblock format, ........maybe 9 Watts.

Thanks ........for everyone's most kind understanding .

Jeff Medwin

Though I have a valve amp, but don't really understand the nuances of valves and I may not agree with the extreme over engineering in some cases. But who am I to judge when something is done with so much passion? Looking forward to your posts. At the moment I just read your posts and in awe of the passion you have for it.

@drlowmu here are a few things that'll help you successfully continue your journey on this forum.

1. Be polite, after-all we are all here to share knowledge and help each other out. We are all here to build something together, or vicariously take part in someone else's project, it collectively brings us joy.

2. Do not seek validation, Just concentrate on your build, kudos will follow.

3. You do not have to respond to everyone. Trolls are everywhere. You always have an option to ignore any comment you do not like.

4. Practise humility, that's the only way you'll have respect from this forum.

5. Be pleasant, this way you'll attract more people to share your build with.

6. Last but not the least, Be respectful, irrespective of ones' qualification/profession/experience. There should not be any scope to belittle, demean, or be rude at any instance. Remember, we are all here voluntarily to share knowledge and find joy being audio enthusiasts. Yes, we occasionally pull each others' legs, but we are always respectful, that's the Indian way!

Cheers to a new beginning! And Welcome back.

Last edited:
Completely agree with @yogibear
Members/visitors come and share or read about experiences.
Agree to disagree and move on.
There is no one "great amp" or any other component for that matter.

Cheers,
Raghu

That was kind of you to bring it to the attention of the moderators
When a member like @drlowmu unshamedly claims that 99% of the amps made in the world is crap, it automatically belittles ever other amp builder in the hifivision forum who has been contributing all these years. It in a way also belittles the entire forum and the forum owner who himself is selling many of those @drlowmu termed crap amplifiers.

Let bygones be bygones. Everyone deserves a second chance. Don't we elect our politicians, who have done things far worse, a second time?

The world is replete with offensive people, it's their personality. Why should we be offended by someone who is completely unknown to us?
The best way to deal with them is to ignore them, because they thrive on attention, irrespective of whether it's positive or negative.We don't live with them, so we don't have to deal with them.

If this time around things don't improve then we simply move on.

And I seriously doubt that the Anikets of this forum are troubled by any of this. They are doing what they do best, that is building amps for people who appreciate them.

Last edited:
IME most trollers of @drlowmu have never ever heard a directly coupled tube amplifier ever and have never ever heard a low DCR and low inductance power supply. Most are armchair theorist :)- :)-
You are totally degressing. Here the question is about @drlowmu 's attitute which is very caustic. Are all your earlier builds that did not include @drlowmu 's technique ?????

Last edited by a moderator:
You are totally degressing. Here the question is about @drlowmu 's attitute which is very caustic. Are all your earlier builds that did not include @drlowmu 's technique crap?????
Here goes one more armchair theorist. My above post has been vindicated.

Btw, this is the first time I have ever built a tube amplifier. I have built more than 40 different DIY design speakers. I don't post all my built here btw.

<Mod Deleted>

Last edited by a moderator:
Here goes one more armchair theorist. My above post has been vindicated.

Btw, this is the first time I have ever built a tube amplifier. I have built more than 40 different DIY design speakers. I don't post all my built here btw
Good for youji. Armchair is comfortable place by the way to listen to music.

Hello Sunilj,

Very nice to meet you. I have been on HFV for sixteen months.

I discovered this Forum after Hari Iyer introduced himself to me. He requested some guidance with a S.E. D.C. tube amplifier design. This HFV Membership offered a fresh new opportunity, to post about my own DIY audio hobby, wherein I am mostly concerned with tube amplifier design.

I was appreciative of being given a fresh clean start on HFV, and tried to post positive contributions, based on my direct findings and unique experiences.

My earned HFV " Reaction Score " to date, is 523.

Of the 523 reactions, there are 505 LIKES, 4 LOVES, 14 HA HAS, and ........ only 1 ANGRY.

There was never a problem for me here, until two new Members joined. It seems that their goal was to specifically post to give me " push back."

I have made two gross mistakes on HFV .................at least.that I can think of :

FIRST : I engaged both of those two USA " trollers " , ( as perhaps they hoped I would ), rather than totally ignoring them.

What ensued was a very sad-to-me... a calamity.

SECOND : I wrote a HFV post to Yogibear, where I severely criticized and publicly belittled him.

In retrospect, this was not the correct venue, to have that discussion. I should have expressed myself PRIVATELY to Yogibear, and I had two ways of doing so. A big mistake on my part.... that I regret. We as humans make mistakes....... sometimes.

Upon thinking this over, I have since written to Yogibear privately, and have told him " I was sorry " for doing that in a public manner, and asked for his forgiveness.

I certainly will continue with my " somewhat-unique " audio work, and hope to contribute here on a upbeat and positive basis, into the future ! The Moderators were very fair to me, and it was appreciated.

I have two new, seemingly worthwhile DIY design and build projects " in mind " for 2022 :

(1) a lovely DCed 12AX7 tube type passively EQed PHONO stage, and optional- use line stage, for analogue fans

(2) and a new " triple " 6005 tube ( SE Parallel, DC ) amplifier , in a monoblock format, ........maybe 9 Watts.

Thanks ........for everyone's most kind understanding .

Jeff Medwin

Jeff Medwin,

At the onset I need to say this is a reply to your post addressing me and I will not be contributing any further, in any way, to this thread. My post was to let members be aware that you've been 'around' and discussions in other forums meandered meaninglessly the same way this one did.

Don't know why you snuck in a mention of two new projects for 2022 but your 'my way or the highway' attitude sucks big time and I personally don't care much to follow your rant.

I respect and follow a few 'gurus' who've taught me plenty and prefer the practical 'how' and 'why' rather than the verbal diarrhea of 'perceived notion'. Good luck to you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
To quote an old post of yours from audioasylum.com, circa 2015:

De gustibus non est disputandum

In matters of taste, there can be no disputes. Everyone's personal preferences are merely subjective opinions that cannot be right or wrong, so they should never be argued about as if they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back